false

false

true

com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

jdbc:mysql://localhost/openfire?user=root&password=123</c onnectionString>

org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.JDBCAuthProvider

SELECT password FROM user WHERE name=?

plain

SELECT name,email_address FROM user WHERE username=?

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM user

SELECT username FROM user

SELECT username FROM user WHERE

username

name

email

Now I re run the openfire and when i launch admin then I do not get any datafrom the database.Can any body please tell me what wrong I am doing?

what is it you are trying to do? get user info?

modifying these files might have unexpected results.

you can install the DB Access plugin in Openfire which will give you a page from which you can issue your sql commands to the openfire database.

Yes I want to get the users

Actually there are some users present in my mysql database.I want those.Is it possible to show them in openfire browser.

As you said I searched for plugins but openfire says there are not plugins.Not only db acess plugin,I am not able to get single plugin.Please see the screenshotUntitled.jpg

if this is running from your desktop, it’s likely windows is blocking it from connecting to the internet (and therefore from downloading the list of available plugins). you need to allow it through your firewall.

so do you mean I will allow port 9090 in windows firewall

well, if i recall correctly, windows 8 blocks both ports, and applications. (when you first run the program it probably asked if you wanted to allow it on private, public networks, etc… ). You will need to tell windows firewall that the openfire application is OK on your network (which will allow it to talk to the internet).

openfire isn’t really meant to run on a desktop/workstation, but rather a server… so little things like this (your OS fighting you lol) may cause some problems.