I am another user having AD user problems and as most there has been no resolution to it other than re-creating the user. I found a openfire.jar for 3.6.4 that someone said would fix the problem but I am already running 3.6.4. I also found a patch but I don’t know how to use this or if it will even work. The nightly builds have not been updated since 2008, the official release since 2009. Browsing the bugs most are unresolved. So I am wondering if development has stopped, paused, or what is happening.
I and others are appreciative of the software and efforts but would like to see resolution to this Active Directory bug.