Openfire Enterprise 3.3.3 showing wrong time in chat history

we’re running spark 2.5.7/2.5.8 in an openfire enterprise 3.3.3 environment running on windows 2003 server and MySQL 5.0, we’re having some issues with the time of the group chat history displaying wrong. Users already in the room see the correct time, but if a new user joins the room they sometimes will see the wrong time in the chat history they are given. What can I do to resolve this issue?

Hi,

use NTP to synchronize your client clocks. If you open an XMPP debugger you may see that Openfire sends " … stamp=“20071128T20:29:58” …" within the offline messages, this should be the UTC time and your client will convert it to local time.

LG

We are using ntp, so our servers and clients show the same time…any other ideas? Thanks.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

could you use an XMPP debugger and confirm that the time stamp in the packets are not the same across all clients?

I wonder if this has to do with the Conversation Logging Flush interval which one can configure on http://example.com:9090/muc-tasks.jsp … not sure if a lower value might help.

LG

What exactly does the conversation logging flush interval do? It’s

currently set to 300 seconds. I will try the debugger, Thanks!

-Mike

Hi Mike,

as far as I understand it Openfire does not store the messages instantly in the database. It waits either 5 minutes or for 50 messages and stores then the messages in the database.

LG