Openfire enterprise lost :(

Hello,

I’m testing the enterprise plugin since last 2 days but today the plugin is lost, it dont show on the panel, I already chequed the database and the tables exists, the conversation logs exists, everything exists but i cant view on the web front end.

Any clue?

Thanks.

There are likely to be error messages in your openfire logs. Can you post those if the underlying issue is not apparent from the log entries?

I get this:

Error loading plugin: C:\Program Files\Openfire\plugins\enterprise

org.picocontainer.PicoLifecycleException:

PicoLifecycleException: method 'public abstract void

org.picocontainer.Startable.start()’, instance

'com.jivesoftware.openfire.enterprise.archive.ArchiveIndexer@6699 8f,

null

at org.picocontainer.monitors.DefaultComponentMonitor.lifecycleInvocationFailed(De faultComponentMonitor.java:43)

at org.picocontainer.defaults.DefaultLifecycleStrategy.start(DefaultLifecycleStrat egy.java:49)

at org.picocontainer.defaults.InstantiatingComponentAdapter.start(InstantiatingCom ponentAdapter.java:164)

at org.picocontainer.defaults.DecoratingComponentAdapter.start(DecoratingComponent Adapter.java:154)

at org.picocontainer.defaults.CachingComponentAdapter.start(CachingComponentAdapte r.java:86)

at org.picocontainer.defaults.DefaultPicoContainer$OrderedComponentAdapterLifecycl eManager.start(DefaultPicoContainer.java:663)

at org.picocontainer.defaults.DefaultPicoContainer.start(DefaultPicoContainer.java :464)

at com.jivesoftware.openfire.enterprise.EnterprisePlugin.initializePlugin(Enterpri sePlugin.java:170)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :404)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$200(PluginManager.java :46)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:916)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.isLocked(IndexReader.java:633)

at com.jivesoftware.openfire.enterprise.archive.ArchiveIndexer.start(ArchiveIndexe r.java:123)

at org.picocontainer.defaults.DefaultLifecycleStrategy.start(DefaultLifecycleStrat egy.java:46)

… 18 more

Any help?

Thanks.

I’m considering purchasing Enterprise for my company, but there are so many posts on here asking for help that are not answered or have a very long delay in being answered.

This level of service and support is not promising.

Does the rest of openfire work? That is, can you start your server and have users connect to it? Also was any thing changed before the plugin stopped working, did you upgrade or change any settings?

When you say that the Enterprise is lost, what do you mean? I had this same problem for the last couple of months and got it working last night.

The problem we had was that openfire was working without a hitch but when logging into the admin console and clicking on the enterprise tab. I would get get an empty page when clicking on the dashboard and all reports links. Everything else seems to work.

The problem, i believe is with the enterprise tables. Make sure your enterprise tables were created and are up to date and if they were just drop them all and set them up again. Right now as it stands my versions are.

SQL> select * from jabber.jiveversion;

NAME VERSION

openfire 13

enterprise 10

If you still are having trouble, here are my steps last night when we upgraded.

1. Shutdown openfire (We upgraded from 3.4.1 to 3.4.4 and did not move enterprise stuff over…so you might want to uninstall enterprise plugin first if you are not upgrading).

2. Dropped enterprise table.

3. run /{openfire install dir}/plugins/enterprise/database/enterprise_xxxxx.sql where xxxxx is your db type.

4. Start up openfire

5. Install enterprise (it should do it automatically).

6. Install enterprise license.

Everythign seems to work like a charm now.

-jkwong

Something like re-install the plugin?

I mean, I can access to web control but it says only openfire not openfire enterprise.

It sounds like jkwong was having issues regarding the plugin and an upgrade. Did you upgrade before you experienced this issue Panchop? The enterprise plugin is version-specific so it is possible the old version of the enterprise plugin is some how being used.

I dont upgraded nothing, just the day this disappear i have a electric problem on my office.

So? there are no solution for this?

Have you tried removing the plugin and reinstalling it from scratch? I say delete teh plugin then shutdown openfire…Rename all enterprise folder in the plugins directory and start it up again and reinstall enterprise plugin.

Also…you can start from scratch and move openfire.xml config file a new install and see what happens. Most of the time, that resolves everything for me.

-jkwong

You mentioned having electrical problems, there is a chance that somehow if your server was unable to shut down properly it could have corrupted the enterprise plugin. I would try reinstalling and see if that does anything for you.