Openfire jetty heap error

Greetings,

We are running openfire 3.8.1 on a win XP sp3 box

Spark clients are 2.6.0 (for the most part)

I am getting a jetty heap error on the openfire console on the server, user symptoms are,

1. unable to login (invalid username or password) even if it correct (if you are logged in, and working fine, and logout, it wont let you back in.

2. unable to join always open password protected conferences (they either dont show up in the list, or are currently unavailable, check back later, or it shows running system processes in the conference list, instaed of the conference names)

3. slow, hanging client reponse.

I have been fighting with this for a while now, reboots or stop/start of app does clear it all up. Resetting users who have the username/password error do not get in, the system still gives the error.

What I have noticed is that if you run Nortel/Avaya’s Device manager or Enterprise manager on the same box with openfire this causes the issue.

Simply closing the app, and restaring Openfire clears everything up.

Really not looking for an answer, as i have kind of figured it out, but maybe this will help someone else.

I will cause this to happen later, and screenshot&post the console error. The errors do not appear under the admin portal in the logfile (in a clear legible format).

I thought i had this error figured out with the post, but its still doing it.

I put new memory in the box, i upgraded to openfire 3.8.2 but its still doing the same thing.

Screenscrape of error attatched.

Any body else having this error.???
Openfire_error.rtf (1323067 Bytes)

You need to add additional memory to the JVM, not just for the box. Currently your Openfire is not taking advantage of the additional memory.

http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/openfire/docs/latest/documentation/install- guide.html

Custom Parameters

Advanced users may wish to pass in parameters to the Java virtual machine (VM) to customize the runtime environment of Openfire. You can do this by creating openfire.vmoptions files in the bin/ directory of your Openfire installation. For the Windows service, you’d create a new text file called openfire-service.vmoptions. Each parameter to the VM should be on a new line of the file. For example, to set the minimum heap size to 512 MB and max VM heap size to 1024 MB, you’d use:

-Xms512m

-Xmx1024m

To create parameters for the normal launcher, create a file called openfired.vmoptions (since the openfire.exe launcher invokes the openfired.exe executable to actually start the server).