Openfire Meetings: Public Meetings without Auth

Hi,

I wondered if it is possible to attend a meeting without having to authenticate (maybe with a special GET-Param to the link?). We’re using this in our company alongside the standard Jabber Openfire provides but it would be quite awesome if it would be possible to have outside people attend a meeting (e.g. for interviews) without having to authenticate (since we’re using LDAP as user-backend it would be kind of unproductive to add dummy users).

Best

Fabian

You can switch off security from ofmeet admin web page and use it with anonymous users

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I’m aware of that. But we don’t want to generally disable security since we’re basically using this as our internal communication system.

I just wanted to know if there’s a possibility to mark one specific conference/Meetingroom public or deploy specific invitation links to single users with a hash that let’s the server know that this particular person doesn’t need to authenticate. This comes in handy for business meetings where we want outsiders to connect without dropping security and opening the system for everybody.

Best

Fabian

my advice would be to create a guest user identity with a well known password. This user identity can be re-used by many people, each one has it own unique xmpp resource name, but share the same user name. It will still allow you to take advantage of bookmarks and room permissions assigned to this generic user.

Allright, I will handle it that way Thanks