Openfire + MiniClient authentication problem

New to openfire/jabber development.

I am not able to authenticate user using miniclient. Using default mechanism to store user credentials.

Below is the error description

A first chance exception of type ‘System.Net.Sockets.SocketException’ occurred in System.dll

A first chance exception of type ‘System.Net.Sockets.SocketException’ occurred in System.dll

OnXmppConnectionStateChanged: Connecting

IPV4

OnXmppConnectionStateChanged: Connected

OnXmppConnectionStateChanged: Securing

Cipher: Rc4 strength 128

Hash: Md5 strength 128

Key exchange: RsaSign strength 1024

Protocol: Tls

Is authenticated: True as server? False

IsSigned: True

Is Encrypted: True

Certificate revocation list checked: True

Remote cert was issued to CN=localhost.localdomain and is valid from 9/10/2007 11:20:16 PM until 8/14/2012 11:20:16 PM.

Can read: True, write True

Can timeout: True

OnXmppConnectionStateChanged: Authenticating

ca68755ad5b7df4ad339e6660039f54c

OnXmppConnectionStateChanged: Disconnected

OnClose

Hi,

I have no idea what MiniClient is and this is unfortunately not a MiniClient but an Openfire support forum. So you may get more help if you post the log files of Openfire running with debug.log enabled, maybe there one sees a useful message.

LG

Downloaded sample from following site :

http://www.ag-software.de/index.php?page=agsxmpp-sdk

Here is the error message:

2007.09.12 16:56:08

SaslException

javax.security.sasl.SaslException: DIGEST-MD5:

digest response format violation. Mismatched URI: xmpp/192.168.0.34; expecting:

xmpp/localhost.localdomain

at

com.sun.security.sasl.digest.DigestMD5Server.validateClientRespon se(Unknown

Source)

at

com.sun.security.sasl.digest.DigestMD5Server.evaluateResponse(Unk nown

Source)at

org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.SASLAuthentication.handle(SASLAuthe ntication.java:281)at

org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler .java:144)at

org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(C onnectionHandler.java:132)

at

org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.m essageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:703)

at

org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMess ageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:362)

at

org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100( AbstractIoFilterChain.java:54)

at

org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1. messageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

at

org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput. flush(SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.java:62)

at

org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived( ProtocolCodecFilter.java:200)

at

org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMess ageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:362)

at

org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100( AbstractIoFilterChain.java:54)

at

org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1. messageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

at

org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(Execu torFilter.java:266)

at

org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunna ble.run(ExecutorFilter.java:326)

at

java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown

Source)

at

java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown

Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Hi,

as I don’t have C# installed it will not really help me.

@“Mismatched URI: xmpp/192.168.0.34; expecting: xmpp/localhost.localdomain”

1. Are you using the IP address or the xmpp.domain name of Openfire to connect?

2. As it is an SASL/DIGEST-MD5 error, does it work if you try using SASL/PLAIN (no idea where to configure this on client side)?

I hope that one or the other helps to login and that one with C# available can look into this, while I guess that your support request in http://forum.ag-software.de/forum.php?req=main&id=24 get better replies.

LG

Thanks.

Already posted a message to forum and waiting for reply.

Thanks a lot…