Openfire Name Launched

Today we re-launched Wildfire using the Openfire name. Along with the name change, we also have a great new logo. I wanted to provide some details about how the name change is being implemented to decrease confusion.

First, you’ll notice that all website content has been updated to Openfire. There may be a few broken links still, so if you notice anything please let us know. We’re also reaching out to external sites that still use the old Wildfire name and asking them to make updates.

The product releases will work as follows:

• 3.2.x series: these releases will continue to use the Wildfire name so that critical bug fixes can be delivered with minimal hassle to existing users. In fact, we’re releasing 3.2.3 today.

• 3.3.x series: starting with 3.3.0, the server is called Openfire. There will be a small amount of upgrade pain associated with this release since configuration files like wildfire.xml will now be openfire.xml, etc. We’ll be releasing 3.3.0 beta early next week, with a final release following as soon as we can ensure the upgrade process is as smooth as possible.

Again, my deep thanks to everyone for all the support you’ve given us during the name change process. A lot of the hard work is already out of the way at this point, so now it’s time to spread the word as much as possible!

Note: When bookmarking the HOME page using FireFox the title is Home. Would be good to name the page “OpenFire”

Hi Stevens,

Which page were you on and which version of Firefox? I tried it from

http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/index.jsp

and the page title is “Ignite Realtime: Openfire Server”.

Thanks,

Greg

Hi,

at http://www.igniterealtime.org/downloads/index.jsp there is still the name “Wildfire” and the source downloads are broken :/.

WOW! I give you 11/10 for the new Openfire logo. It is much better, IMHO, then the old Wildfire logo.

i can’t see any new source code can be downloaded in download page.

is this missing to put the distribution file???

Finn, until the 3.3.0 release you will see Wildfire on the downloads page since the 3.2.x releases will still be named Wildfire due to the problems of changing the name for a point (bug fix) release.

Kyle, thanks! We’re glad to hear you like the new logo.

kadi, the source page will be fixed shortly.

old logo was ok too. this one reminds me calgary flames or philadelphia flyers somewhat

Hi,

Openfire name is very good but, i would like to give suggestion on Logo.

1. Make openfire name with Caps O or

2. Remove o from openfire already logo with o is there.

regards

Anup