Openfire Not Opening on macOS High Sierra 10.13.3

Earlier the Openfire app had been running smooth however upon making the pending system update and updating my MacBook to High Sierra 10.13.3 whenever I am trying to open the app from the dock it is simply loading (icon jumping) and nothing else is happening. How to fix it?

Update: Strangely, Openfire is working just fine again upon an uninstallation and reinstallation. Thanks for all the responses everyone, I appreciate all of your time :slight_smile:

There are not many users here running Openfire on Mac (and no developers). So i doubt someone will be able to help. But you can check the logs. Not sure where exactly they are on Mac. Usually they are in the installation directory /openfire/logs/all.log

I’ve the same problem but I can live with it because I use it only for testing Openfire on ‘localhost’.

The plugin updates from within the Admin Console do not work. The only workaround was to manually download and install the plugin.

The Openfire logs do also not work on MacOS because they are stored in

• launchd.stdout
  • launchd.stderr

See MacOS: Output to console in non-console app on StackExchange

Issue with updating plugins is not related to Mac OS. Should be fixed in 4.2.3 https://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/OF-1464

You’re right about the plugin issue.

What about the logs no being visible from within the Admin Console?

log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /logs/error.log (No such file or directory)

As i said, i’m not familiar with Mac OS. First try finding where Openfire is installed and if there is logs folder in there. If it is not there, maybe you should create it manually. Or maybe this is a permissions issue and the user running Openfire doesn’t have write access to that folder. Though i think it would throw access denied error instead.