first off, my server was hacked. We did catch him in action. so we stoped him. Not sure what damage was done.
So we had to reboot the server. from the point on my openfire did not work and it will not restart. Also the openfire needed to be updated.
So i installed the new rpm. After that I still get the same thing…
this is what i got when i tryed to updated the openfire server
[root@br ~]# rpm -Uvf openfire-3.6.0a-1.i386.rpm
Preparing packages for installation…
warning: /opt/openfire/conf/openfire.xml created as /opt/openfire/conf/openfire.xml.rpmnew
Shutting down openfire: /etc/init.d/openfire: line 134: kill: (26067) - No such process
This error may not be fatal, what happens when you try to start openfire?
Check out the openfire logs for clues.
Thank for the reply…
here is what the log file has.
2008.09.04 18:05:58 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.start(XMPPServer.java:457)]
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.sql.SQLException: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries. The exception from the last attempt is as follows: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries. The exception from the last attempt is as follows: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)
at org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.getConnection(DbConnectionManager .java:124)
… 10 more
from what i can see. it looks like the user "root can’t log on. I have set the conf to the new password. But it still, not starting…
We did set the root user to use a ssh key. If that is the problem , then I don’t know how to set that up…
Thank I was able to fix it