Openfire Profile

Hi, today I did a pressure test. But the result dosen’t satisfy me

I google the profile of openfire, it say openfire can support 30,000 concurrent users. but in my test, when the count of users reach 2000, there are lots exceptions on the server.

So I hope I can get some help from you

Hey Nako,

Could you paste here the errors that you see in the log files? Otherwise we cannot figure out what is going on in your installation. BTW, the numbers I got in our load tests were about 250K concurrent connections in a single JVM when running in a 64 bit OS.

Regards,

– Gato

hi all,

after serveral connections successful, i got lots of errors as below on Linux Server

5281978 [SocketAcceptor-0] WARN org.apache.mina.common.support.DefaultExceptionMonitor - Unexpected exception.
java.io.IOException: Too many open files
at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.accept0(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.accept(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:145)
at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketAcceptor$Worker.processSessions(Sock etAcceptor.java:273)
at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketAcceptor$Worker.run(SocketAcceptor.j ava:225)
at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:51)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 885)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

“java.io.IOException: Too many open files” means you reach the max limits of open files of your system.

You can alter this limits to 4096 or larger in /etc/security/limits.conf, add a line like:

• nofile 4096

Check your hardware environment before doing the load testing. Below are the recommendations.

Hardware Recommendations

Concurrent Users

Recommendation

1-500
At least 384 MB of available RAM and one 1.5 GHz processor.
501-10,000
At least 768 MB of available RAM and one 3.0 GHz processor.
10,001-25,000
At least 1.5 GB of available RAM, two 3 GHz processors, and one connection manager on the same machine.
25,001-100,000
At least 2.0 GB of available RAM, two 3 GHz processors, and between 1 and 4 connection managers based on exact size, each on their own equivalent machine.