Openfire server does not compatible with Pandion?

Please see: http://forums.pandion.be/viewtopic.php?p=9252#9252

I use Windows 2000 server, Openfire 3.3.0, MSSQL 2005, 4G ram. Only 30% of 1G ram java used with 700 user online. all member use Pandion 2.5 client.

Some user can send message but cannot receive other’‘s message. He cannot receive their profile too, and cannot open search service. Others can see he is online, but when open his profile, the “system” section cannot display(only address but not Local time etc). but not all users occur this problem, and I do not know why this occur. Some member told me when they change their avatar, the problem occur, but not all users do the same action to occur the problem. I try to logout and login, this problem do not resolve, I regist new user on their system, the problem is the same, Now I login with other user’'s address, it resolved, but when login back with his address, there still have the problem.

restart the openfire server, some users can resolve the problem, but some cannot.

openfire warn.log will show some of these:

2007.04.12 17:04:29 Could not route packet

2007.04.12 17:33:55 Invalid presence type

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const class org.xmpp.packet.Presence$Type.invisible

2007.04.20 14:08:47 No ACK was received when sending stanza to: org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.NIOConnection@7b16a6 MINA Session: (SOCKET, R: /86.16.190.36:1555, L: /86.0.190.118:5222, S: 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:5222)

2007.04.20 14:26:22 Invalid presence type

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const class org.xmpp.packet.Presence$Type.invisible

at java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Unknown Source)

at org.xmpp.packet.Presence$Type.valueOf(Presence.java:321)

at org.xmpp.packet.Presence.getType(Presence.java:106)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:206)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:153)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:132)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived (AbstractIoFilterChain.java:703)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:362)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:54)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flush(SimplePr otocolDecoderOutput.java:62)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:200)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:362)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:54)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :266)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:326)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

No one use Pandion? Please give me some idea.

I have had pandion working with openfire 3.3.0 running on a linux machine. I haven’'t tested it since the upgrade because we are using spark.

I don’'t think we did anything special to get it working, maybe the username had to be username@yourserver

but thats it.

We have pandion working fine with openfire.

The exception references the ‘‘Invisible’’ presence. Support for the invisible presence was removed because it was not part of the XMPP standard. You may have an incompatible version, or maybe you just don’'t use the invisible presence.

We just use the Pandion 2.5. All use default settings.

There will be fine in 100 users online. but when go to more than 500, There are always some users have wrong presence.

It seems noone use ‘‘Invisible’’ presence, we just use online, away and busy.

the SQL Server do not have some errors in log file.

Any ideas?

It seems I must change to ejabberd server.

Openfire seems not stable enough for us.

Hi,

valid “presence types” are “null,subscribe,subscribed,unsubscribe,unsubscribed,probe,error”, so it seems to be related to problems with rosters.

Presence show errors should be logged if one selects invisible, as valid “present shows” are “null,chat,away,xa,dnd”.

There could be a problem with the roster cache, maybe it helps to increase or decrease its size or expiration time. See http://wiki.igniterealtime.org/display/WILDFIRE/HowtoconfigureWildfire%27scaches for more details about cache.username2roster.size and cache.username2roster.expirationTime.

LG

Thanks.

I have increase the cache.username2roster.size to 5MB, and It seems not use more than 50%.