Openfire server is running, but no Contacts are shown in SPARK

Does anybody know where I can donload the plugin “registration.jar”

best regards,

Axel

How is it related to this issue? If you have another question, post another thread in the forums. Let’s keep discussion focused on one topic. Anyway, all plugins are available in the Admin Console > Plugins page. You can also download them from this website. Go to Downloads and then press Plugins link besides the Openfire.

Hello,

this is related to the issue, since we have no contacts in the spark Windows.

Loading the Register.jar file to the admin console results in this message:

09:43:15 org.jivesoftware.util.Log - Plugin manager failed to install
plugin: C:\Users\Axel Schmid\Desktop\registration.jar

Axel, you have 2 problems:

1. Your LDAP configuration is damaged and installing random plugins won’t help. You have to fix the LDAP configuration and it looks like the only way to do this is to rerun Openfire setup and provide correct filter for it, so it would pull groups from AD again.

2. You are not competent to fix this. It’s clear you are not the one who installed it and managed it originally. You are trying to fix this by throwing random things at it. This won’t work. Speedy and I already gave enough pointers. If you don’t have experience with AD\LDAP and very much experience with Openfire, you won’t fix this. I suggest finding that person who installed everything originally (paying him maybe, if he doesn’t work for you anymore) or hiring an experienced system admin (with good knowledge of AD\LDAP).

09:43:15 org.jivesoftware.util.Log - Plugin manager failed to install
plugin: C:\Users\Axel Schmid\Desktop\registration.jar

This error might be because you are trying to install plugin version which is not supported by your version of Openfire. You haven’t yet mentioned your Openfire version it seems. Current registration plugin version is only for Openfire 4.0.0 and higher. But as i’ve said, you don’t need this plugin. This plugin is meant for registering new users. You don’t want your users to create account manually. And they won’t be able anyway, as you Openfire is in read-only mode and only pulls users from AD.

Thanks for your explanations about the plugin - understood !

is there a Standard user that I can use entering the commade lien für openfire - I got two users:

admin and openfire - both users do not work any more - I already reset their Passwords, but still I am not able to log in

thanks for your help in advance,

Axel

Hello,

is there a user besides admin or openfire with given credentials - her admin and openfire won’t work with the credentials any more

best regards,

Axel

Hello,

in the logfile I saw the following notification:

Failed admin console login attempt by admin from 192…

Login attempt limit breeched for address 192…

does this mean, the admin is locked now ?

does anybody know how much it will be locked ?

best regards,

Axel

I didn’t even knew there is a lock out for admin user after a number of bad logins. I have just tried and locked my admin out But it was good again after 10-15 minutes. Again, if you are resetting admin password in AD, you are making it worse and you will have to rerun the setup for Openfire.

We installed the newest versin of openfire, saved the existing database -

Ist up and running again - we have to reconnect the users (like starting from scratch, bu that’s no Problem)

maybe there is a convenient way to rescue the chat-history ?

best regards,

Axel

If you mean group chat, then it would involve database stuff (extract, import). Too complex and dangerous. One on one chats are stored locally by Spark in user’s profile. As you have recreated the server, maybe usernames are different now and Spark does not use old history files. You can copy the content of old files into new ones. But that’s just too much work and you can lose the history already accumulated.

Hello,

I understand and agree as to “ist too much work”

thanks for your prompt answer !

Axel