OpenFire + Spark computer to computer calling

I am having an issue in my test environment where some users will show the menu to place a Computer to Computer call when I right click on the name and some will not. This seems to be random as one day one user will work the next day a different one will. I can get it to change who works and who does not just by logging out and back in to Spark. I have confirmed that both clients have the Jingle addon installed and that we both have mics hooked up. The funny thing is that the other user I am testing with can call me using this function, but I do not get the option to call him. If I log out and back in several times I will eventually get the option. This is one of the features that we will most likely want to use and I was just wondering if you could point me in a direction to get this fixed before I demo the product to management.

I have seen this behaviour too.

In our testenvironment we saw one Spark client showed the Dial Phone/Computer To Computer option while the other spark client did not showed this option. After restarting the spark clients, this behaviour disappeared. Both clients showed the option.

I have to notice that each of the two clients were associated to a different openfire server.

Haven’t sniff the traffic, but this looks like I make Computer To Server To Server To Computer voice call.

Used versions:

Server OpenFire 3.6.3 Windows

Spark 2.5.8 Windows

Hi there!

Must say I have the same problem - I can’t establish computer to computer call, and in return I get message that it chould be a firewall confitguration problem, but on both client computers firewall is already turned off! It only happens when trying to connect out of my local network. Server is not blocked with any firewall configuration.

Any sugestions???

Stay OpenSource

configuration:

Server: Openfire 3.6.3 Linux

Client: Spark 2.5.8 Windows

I am getting the same behavior (as the original poster) with Spark 2.5.8 client on Windows and OpenFire server 3.6.4 on CentOS.

This is not the same situation as the other respondents to the original post describe: I never get any error message, the menu item simply doesn’t appear for some users some of the time. And, I only have a single OpenFire server on the network. Our network is flat (no subnetworks). We also do not use NAT internally, and the chat service is intended for 100% internal use.

Is it helpful in this siutation to enable Media Proxy on the OpenFire server? I would prefer all voice went P2P to minimize server load. However, without the software functioning reliably it’s kind of moot.

Any advice or suggestions for places to look for further information welcome!

Leo

I have the same issue as the original poster. When I right click a user in my list, for some users, the call -> Computer to computer shows up and doesn’t for some others.

If I relog, it will be different. Possible bug in Jingle?

Openfire 3.7.1

Spark 2.6.3