Openfire started two processes in Linux?Help me?

Hello, every one:

when i started openfire in RedHat linux, after i use “pe -ef |grep openfire”, i found that there is two processes of openfire below:

root 29146 1 0 12:55 pts/0 00:00:00 su -s /bin/sh -c /opt/openfire/jre/bin/java -server -Xmx1024m -DopenfireHome=/opt/openfire -Dopenfire.lib.dir=/opt/openfire/lib -classpath “/opt/openfire/lib/startup.jar” -jar “/opt/openfire/lib/startup.jar” daemon

daemon 29149 29146 35 12:55 pts/0 00:00:02 /opt/openfire/jre/bin/java -server -Xmx1024m -DopenfireHome=/opt/openfire -Dopenfire.lib.dir=/opt/openfire/lib -classpath /opt/openfire/lib/startup.jar -jar /opt/openfire/lib/startup.jar

can i kill one of this , because i want to add the memory settings, but the server didn’t have so much memory?

can u help me?

The first process you see is the shell script itself, the second is the java process running Openfire. If you look closely, the parent process id of the java process is the shell script. You cant really kill either of them. The shell script PID isnt really taking up that much memory anyway.

thank you very much!