powered by Jive Software

Openfire SVN + Eclipse 3.3 + Subversive Installation Guide

Hi All,

Please help.

While building OpenFire when i double clicked on openfire ant task it is giving me some ant error.

Please suggest what to do ?

I am trying to create the openfire project on Eclipse and followed this turorial. Unfortunatelly, nothing is working as for exemple source files of the org.jivesoftware.openfire package are in the openfire/src/java/org/jivesoftware/openfire folder. Wich results in unresolved import errors in all the source classes contained in this package.

So how can I have an openfire project correctly configured so that I can developp my plugins into eclipse?

Had the same problem, are you still having it, if not can you explain how you solved it?

I can’t help but feel that this needs to be updated.

I can’t make:

• On the Ant screen, expand the Openfire XMPP Server and double-click on openfire ant task. The build may fail because you’re checking out the daily updates of Openfire sources, which may contain bugs. If so, wait for another day and hope that the developers discover and fix the bug; or you might dare to fix it yourself. During this first time setup, a successful build is necessary before you can proceed with the remaining tasks below.

Error:

Buildfile: D:\wokspace\Openfire XMPP Server\build.xml

[taskdef] Could not load definitions from resource net/sf/antcontrib/antcontrib.properties. It could not be found.

BUILD FAILED

D:\wokspace\Openfire XMPP Server\build.xml:33: taskdef class com.oopsconsultancy.xmltask.ant.XmlTask cannot be found

using the classloader AntClassLoader[]

Total time: 254 milliseconds

I don’t know why =/

Excellent

Please anyone can update it to use with git ???

I have build git project but getting following error

The type org.apache.tools.ant.Task cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

in following file :

/Openfire/src/java/org/jivesoftware/openfire/container/PluginServlet.java

I am using master branch

followed it step by step. works like a charm. Thanx