Openfire SVN + Eclipse 3.3 + Subversive Installation Guide

Hi All,

Please help.

While building OpenFire when i double clicked on openfire ant task it is giving me some ant error.

Please suggest what to do ?

I am trying to create the openfire project on Eclipse and followed this turorial. Unfortunatelly, nothing is working as for exemple source files of the org.jivesoftware.openfire package are in the openfire/src/java/org/jivesoftware/openfire folder. Wich results in unresolved import errors in all the source classes contained in this package.

So how can I have an openfire project correctly configured so that I can developp my plugins into eclipse?

Had the same problem, are you still having it, if not can you explain how you solved it?

I canā€™t help but feel that this needs to be updated.

I canā€™t make:

• On the Ant screen, expand the Openfire XMPP Server and double-click on openfire ant task. The build may fail because youā€™re checking out the daily updates of Openfire sources, which may contain bugs. If so, wait for another day and hope that the developers discover and fix the bug; or you might dare to fix it yourself. During this first time setup, a successful build is necessary before you can proceed with the remaining tasks below.

Error:

Buildfile: D:\wokspace\Openfire XMPP Server\build.xml

[taskdef] Could not load definitions from resource net/sf/antcontrib/antcontrib.properties. It could not be found.

BUILD FAILED

D:\wokspace\Openfire XMPP Server\build.xml:33: taskdef class com.oopsconsultancy.xmltask.ant.XmlTask cannot be found

using the classloader AntClassLoader[]

Total time: 254 milliseconds

I donā€™t know why =/

Excellent

Please anyone can update it to use with git ???

I have build git project but getting following error

The type org.apache.tools.ant.Task cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

in following file :

/Openfire/src/java/org/jivesoftware/openfire/container/PluginServlet.java

I am using master branch

followed it step by step. works like a charm. Thanx

Hi
I have reached the Run/Debug section but after running or debugging in eclipse this message pops up:
ā€˜Launching Openfireā€™ has encountered a problem.
Variable references non-existent resource : ${workspace_loc:openfire}

What seems to be the problem?

Ok so deleting $ from ${workspace_loc:openfire} solves this problem, not sure if this is the answer or I have just caused another problem, but another one came up:
I got this in Console:

Error occurred during initialization of boot layer
 java.lang.LayerInstantiationException: Package sun.security.ssl in both module npn.boot and module java.base

Does anyone have a solution for this?