Openfire Upgrade from 3.5.2. to 3.6 Fails

Hello guys,

Here i don’t have any database server (MySQL or SQL Server). The openfire server works into the AD Server but don’t use him for user authetication, but te error “Found old database version 16 for openfire. Upgrading to version 20…” happens here.

Sorry my poor english.

Se houver que possa me ajudar em português eu agradeço também.

Se voce nao usa um servidor de banco, voce usa o HSQLDB. O Openfire sempre usa um banco de dados…

( If you do not use a database server, you use the HSQLDB. The Openfire always uses a database… )

Isso mesmo, só queria saber se alguém consegue me explicar o que deve ser feito. Se é que já existe uma solução.

Obrigado pelo retorno.

Correct, i want to know if anybody here can explain me what i do, if the solution exist.

Thanks.

Bom, a mensagem que aparece é sempre que o sistema identifica um banco anterior ao que deveria ser e começa um processo de upgrade. Essa identificação da versao do banco ele encontra na tabela jiveversion.

( Well, the message that appears is where the system identifies a bank up to what should be and begins a process of upgrading. This identification Release of the bank he finds in the table jiveversion. )

Ok, i will see.

Hello, i am sure what is goin on with my upgrade.

Setup is MacOSx 10.4.11 Server

MYSQL-5

LDAP authentication

Steps i took to upgrade:

1.stop server

1. Backup

2. Run Upgrade Installer

3. Edited to openfire.xml to enable setup again

4. Ran through setup

5. Everything worked.

Then when i clicked on Login to Admin Console, it takes me back to Setup.

So i stopped the server, edited the openfire.xml again to disable setup. Restart Server, and boom setup wizard again…

The only error in the logs are complaining about Line 57 in the xml file not having a closed tag.

But it’s there. So i have no idea where to go from here.

weisso5 wrote:

Hello, i am sure what is goin on with my upgrade.

Setup is MacOSx 10.4.11 Server

MYSQL-5

LDAP authentication

Steps i took to upgrade:

1.stop server

1. Backup
  1. Run Upgrade Installer
  1. Edited to openfire.xml to enable setup again
  1. Ran through setup
  1. Everything worked.

Then when i clicked on Login to Admin Console, it takes me back to Setup.

So i stopped the server, edited the openfire.xml again to disable setup. Restart Server, and boom setup wizard again…

The only error in the logs are complaining about Line 57 in the xml file not having a closed tag.

But it’s there. So i have no idea where to go from here.

Hrm. Can you paste your file somewhere? Maybe private message or email to me? hide passwords?

Artur, I’ve identified the script that is failing for you. Annoyingly, it’s only part of a script that’s failing so we’ll have to have you try a partial script run to get going. However I think it would be best to wait for 3.6.0a at this point to get you at least to a starting point. (ideally, downgrade your db back to what it was before you upgraded, go back to 3.5.2, and upgrade to 3.6.0a from there when it’s released)

All, see: http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/message/177972#177972

will send via email.

same deal here… integrated DB, I don’t use AD, w2k3, i’m about to try to roll back with the last version of the installer i have… wonder if it will downgrade like you can in linux… the thing i did notice is the first time i tried to install it i had a corrupt installer issue so i re downloaded the installer… i wonder if there is a connection.

I’m having the same problem, had the version 3.5 with MSSQL database and LDAP directory with active, to do the upgrade made the error below:

I am with my system stopped … please help me.

Database setup or configuration error: Please verify your database settings and check the logs/error.log file for detailed error messages.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid object name ‘ofID’.
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.verifyDataSource(XMPPServer.java:710)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.start(XMPPServer.java:427)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.(XMPPServer.java:161)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:106)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:51)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid object name ‘ofID’.
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SQLDiagnostic.addDiagnostic(SQLDiagnostic.java:368)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.tdsErrorToken(TdsCore.java:2816)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.nextToken(TdsCore.java:2254)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.getMoreResults(TdsCore.java:631)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.executeSQLQuery(JtdsStatement.java:477)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsPreparedStatement.executeQuery(JtdsPreparedStatem ent.java:777)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown SouErro iniciando o esrce)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.ProxyStatement.invoke(ProxyStatement.java:100)
at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.ProxyStatement.intercept(ProxyStatement.java:57)
at $java.sql.PreparedStatement$$EnhancerByProxool$$773eee98.executeQuery()
at org.jivesoftwaerrvidor. Por favor verifique os arquivos de log para mais informações.
.openfire.XMPPServer.verifyDataSource(XMPPServer.java:700)
… 16 more
Server halted

MSSQL is definitely one of the dbs that has problems with the upgrade. If you can, back out o your previous db and wait for 3.6.0a! =)

Daniel obrigado pela resposta, mas nao estou achando os plugins compatívels com 3.5.2 ai preciso demais deles…

se puder manda o link pra mim baixar zolotujin@gmail.com

grato,

zolotujin wrote:

Daniel obrigado pela resposta, mas nao estou achando os plugins compatívels com 3.5.2 ai preciso demais deles…

se puder manda o link pra mim baixar zolotujin@gmail.com

grato,

I’m sorry, I don’t speak spanish in the slightest. Let me try google translate to see if I can make that clear:

Lo siento, no entiendo español. I tradujo esta usando Google Translate esperemos que a fin de que es correcta.

Hrm. Assuming that is Spanish. I looked at it again and I’m not sure it is. Is it?

Daniel thanks for the answer, but I think the plugins compatívels with 3.5.2 i need them too …

it can send the link to me down zolotujin@gmail.com

Excuse my fault …

hi,

Where can I old version download link 3.5.2?

my 3.6 db upgrade fail and back to old version.

I back to 3.5.2 no problem.

ok found it, bu I can’t delete the this message. super forum permission.

some problem here

openfire windows version 3.5.2

with embedded databse engine

no ad connection

when i upgrade to 3.6 i became same problem, i can´t start openfire

when i downgrade to 3.5.2 it works fine,

database are not restored

Hello,

i have upload to rapidshare

http://rapidshare.com/files/140723939/openfire_3_5_2.exe.html

21 MB

'm having to plug problem with the version 3.5, after trying to make the upgrade to version 3.6 which not satisfied, I returned to installation to version 3.5 and can not plug up all that before, when I try to do the update to plug it always tells me that there is a new version 3.6 and it must import the plugins that the version 3.5 that I am using.

someone help me?

after everything is complicated version 3.6.