Openfire Upgrade issue as well as a Spark connectivity issue

I hope this is the right place to post this, I can also post in the spark forum as well if you believe it would help.

Issue 1:

After I upgraded from a legacy version of Wildfire to Openfire 3.3.1, all end users when logging in must re-attempt login about 5 times before a successful login. This is not always consistent, sometimes login is immediate and other times it isn’‘t. To avoid being blocked by a corporate firewall I have all end users set the connectivity port to 87 (and I set it on the server side as well) vs the standard port. I’‘m thinking perhaps this may be a code issue, attempting to talk back on the standard port, though i’‘m just guessing? The client I’‘m having the end users connect with is exodus version 0.9.1.0. I’'ve since upgraded to Openfire 3.3.2 today, issue remains.

Issue 2:

After upgrading to Openfire 3.3.1, I’‘d like to take advantage of the intuitive nature of the Spark Client, in my testing I was able to login without issue. After a couple of days I had a couple of users pilot the new client after a day or so of testing we’‘ve found that logging in was impossible and received an authentication issue, after double, then triple checking the password (even resetting the password on the server side) we couldn’'t login. At that point switching back to exodus worked after a couple of tries. The configuration had not been modified nor had any server side changes been made.

I’'ve upgraded server side to version 3.3.2 today and re-attempted to connect via spark on the correct port and am having no luck.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

I’'ve captured the following debug logging for issue 1:

2007.07.05 14:37:05

java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read0(Native Method)

at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.read(SocketIoProcessor.j ava:232)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.process(SocketIoProcesso r.java:206)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.access$500(SocketIoProce ssor.java:44)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor$Worker.run(SocketIoProce ssor.java:506)

at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:43)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2007.07.05 14:37:22

java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read0(Native Method)

at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.read(SocketIoProcessor.j ava:232)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.process(SocketIoProcesso r.java:206)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.access$500(SocketIoProce ssor.java:44)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor$Worker.run(SocketIoProce ssor.java:506)

at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:43)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I can’'t seem to catpure issue 2 in the logs.

Message was edited by: Murdock304