Openfire will not start after upgrade to 3.6.3

Very RAW Linux user.

I’ve been running Openfire for a couple of months with no issues.

Followed the instructions posted to upgrade my Ubuntu 8.10 box from 3.6.0 to 3.6.3.

When I try to restart the server the daemon will not start. I get the following error:

2009.02.18 14:03:57 [org.jivesoftware.util.JiveProperties.loadProperties(JiveProperties.java:346)]
java.sql.SQLException: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries. The exception from the last attempt is as follows: java.sql.SQLException: Out of Memory
at org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.getConnection(DbConnectionManager .java:124)
at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveProperties.loadProperties(JiveProperties.java:335)
at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveProperties.init(JiveProperties.java:73)
at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveProperties$JivePropertyHolder.(JiveProperties .java:40)
at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveProperties.getInstance(JiveProperties.java:52)
at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveGlobals.getProperty(JiveGlobals.java:532)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.initialize(XMPPServer.java:298)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.start(XMPPServer.java:415)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.(XMPPServer.java:161)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessor Impl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructor AccessorImpl.java:27)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:106)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:51)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.ja va:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.Launcher.main(Unknown Source)

I’ve attached the full log file if it helps but I am severly stuck.

Can anyone assist?
error.log (300473 Bytes)

Are the ports already in use? The error says: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries

Did you stop openfire before running the upgrade? Have you rebooted?

I rebooted and changed the setup flag in the XML file to false. Now I get the admin console and see an error connecting to the mysql database. i actually cloned the production server and now see the production server got changed to an embedded versus mysql database.

Going to have to fix the mysql issue.