Openfire won't start after reboot

Hi everybody,

I installed Openfire 3.7.1 last week and it was running like a charm. Two days ago my hoster did some work on the Hosting system and since they rebooted the servers Openfire won’t start.

I run Openfire on Ubuntu 10.04 with MySQL 5.1.63 (connect with username and password in the config works).

Java - version returns:

java version “1.6.0_35”

Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_35-b10)

Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.10-b01, mixed mode)

When I start the service it opens some ports ( I kept all the default ports):

But it is not possible to connect with a client.

Any help would be appreciated, for further help I attached the logfiles (errorlog and warnlog are empty).

Many thanks in advance

Kose
debug.log.zip (4629 Bytes)
info.log.zip (380 Bytes)

Kosebamse wrote:

I run Openfire on Ubuntu 10.04 with MySQL 5.1.63 (connect with username and password in the config works).

Do you mean you are able to login to Admin Console? Though only 9091 (SSL) port is open for that. I don’t see 5222 port in your list of open ports. This is the port that clients use to connect. Maybe hoster added some firewall rule or something which is blocking the connection.

Hi wroot,

I can not login to the admin console. What I meant is that the connection to the MySQL database works.

I got the list of open ports from netstat - tulpn.

No the hoster didn’t add any firewall rules, it is a virtualized root server (they only applied changes to the host system).

Regards

Kose

Can’t say what is happening, but for the Admin Console (non-SSL) to work there should be 9090 port open. This is weird that only some ports are listed by netstat, so it is working, partly.

Btw, info.log has URL for ssl connectio (https://…:9091). You can try this to connect to Admin Console.

Hi,

I enabled unsecure admin console again, but I can’t login on 9090 or 9091…

I tried to reinstall Openfire but I got the same result.

Cheers

Kose