Openfire x86_64 rpm

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if any of you knows where can I download openfire rpm installer for x86_64 machines? Will someone kindly point me where to download even the source rpm so I can rebuild one for my machine? I would also like to know if any of you already tried installing openfire on CPanel hosted servers?

TIA

Message was edited by: jan.gestre

You can run the i386 version on a Linux x86_64 server without issue. I’'m currently running Openfire 3.3.0 on a RHEL4 x86_64 server without any problems.

Hi,

The server I want to install openfire is a cPanel hosted server, we have root access but there are several sites/domains hosted on this server. I was able to install openfire here in our LAN although it’‘s a 32 bit machine and I’'m having doubts regarding the domain/server name to use when configuring openfire, with regards to the LAN install, I used the ip address as domain name instead of the machine name which openfire suggested, now with regards to the 64 bit machine, what domain name should I use? Is it the machine name cpanel.example.org? or anothername.org which is one of the hosted site on the said server.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

the domain name (xmpp.domain) will be part of the JID, so if you set it to “example.com” the JID’'s will look like "user@example.com". So you may want to use an existing domain name which you own. You can of course create a sub domain like “xmpp.example.com” or “chat.example.com” if you prefer JIDs which do not look like email addresses.

LG