Openfired service taking above 400MB

Hello everyone,

I have a openfire 3.7.1 installed on a windows server 2003.

Here, we’re having many problems with lag on our ERP, then we are making a trouble-shooting to find what is causing this.

We’ve found that our openfire, previously installed on a linux server, was making the system slow, cuz when we’ve stopped the service, all the systems worked fine.

Then we changed the Operating system for Openfire and installed it on a Windows Server 2003, as sayed before. Now we take a look at the task manager just to see some process, and we found the openfire service taking above 400MB of memory usage.

Somebody knows why this is happening?

Thanks.

Working Well, how many users do you have? Openfire is running on Java, so it is not surprising to use lots of RAM (Java Virtual Machine likes to grab huge chunk of memory, more you give to it, more it takes). You may try to disable pep, if you haven’t done it yet

Openfire up to and including version 3.6.4 (and looks like 3.7.0 too) suffers from a memory leak in its PEP component. If your Openfire server is crashing with OutOfMemoryExceptions, you might be having this problem.

As a workaround, you can disable PEP, by adding the system property xmpp.pep.enabled and setting it to false.

More information can be found in this discussion: Openfire 3.6.4 memory leak with Empathy

I’ve added the settings as you told me.

But, this memory leak causes slow in our MPLS Links?? Cuz, in our LAN we dont have this lag. Then in our WAN when we active the service, many people argues about lag on the system.

This leak is only related to memory usage. Not sure how can Openfire affect your network. Maybe someone is sending huge files over your WAN link or chatting like a hell