org.jivesoftware.openfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl - Internal server error

hi, we use openfire version 4.4.2 and NPE occurred in AuditorImpl :
2019.10.13 18:22:20 org.jivesoftware.openfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl - Internal server error
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl.ensureMaxDays(AuditorImpl.java:295) ~[xmppserver-4.4.2.jar:4.4.2]
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl.access$100(AuditorImpl.java:56) ~[xmppserver-4.4.2.jar:4.4.2]
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl$SaveQueuedPacketsTask.run(AuditorImpl.java:378) [xmppserver-4.4.2.jar:4.4.2]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]

Thanks, filed as OF-1893

your wellcome

Thanks for reporting this! The problem is fixed in Openfire 4.4.3!

Hello there,

Sorry for intruding on someone else’s thread. The problem is that I have 4.4.4 linux installation, and the error still occurs.

Thanks.

I’ve just compiled Openfire 4.4.4 from source, and ran it on my Linux machine. I’ve created/edited/dropped a number of properties to get some content into the audit log. For me, it works without problems:

I’m not really sure how to help you. Are you sure that you’re running 4.4.4? Maybe something went wrong with the update? Any lingering libraries?