org.mortbay.util.PKCS12Import?

I finally gave up with my earlier SSL question and just generated a certificate via OpenSSL. I sent my CSR to cacert.org and received my signed certificate. So, now I’‘m trying to figure out now how to import the PKCS12 certificate I have (I converted it from the PEM one) so I can use it with Wildfire. I saw one thread there someone said they’'d done this by using the org.mortbay.util.PKCS12Import class, but I have no idea how to do this. Could anyone help a n00b out? Thank you!

Okay, so I’‘ve figured out how to use the PKCS12Import class from org.mortbay.util.PKCS12Import in jetty.jar. So, all good there. Using some other documentation I’'ve found on the Internet, I tried the following command:

java -cp /path/to/jetty.jar org.mortbay.util.PKCS12Import server.pkcs12 server.ks

The file “server.pkcs12” is my signed certificate from CAcert.org, converted to pkcs12 format from the OpenSSL PEM format. “server.ks” is just a filename for the resulting keystore.

Now, when I run that command, I get the following exception:

Exception in thread “main” java.io.IOException: failed to decrypt safe contents entry: java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.PKCS12KeyStore.engineLoad(PKCS12KeyStore.java:1275 )

at java.security.KeyStore.load(KeyStore.java:1150)

at org.mortbay.util.PKCS12Import.main(PKCS12Import.java:87)

Caused by: java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero

at com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE_ab.a(DashoA12275)

at com.sun.crypto.provider.PKCS12PBECipherCore$PBEWithSHA1AndRC2_40.engineInit(Das hoA12275)

at javax.crypto.Cipher.a(DashoA12275)

at javax.crypto.Cipher.a(DashoA12275)

at javax.crypto.Cipher.init(DashoA12275)

at javax.crypto.Cipher.init(DashoA12275)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.PKCS12KeyStore.engineLoad(PKCS12KeyStore.java:1271 )

… 2 more

/code

I don’‘t know much Java at all, and I see what the error is there, but I don’‘t understand what is wrong. So perhaps with this extra information someone can let me know what I’'m doing incorrectly? Thank you!

I figured out a different way to get the SSL certificates generated, so, I guess this post isn’'t relevant anymore.