Packet Properties

Hi,

I want to transfer a byte array as a packet property. Is this possible?. I was thinking of wrapping the byte array in a serializable object and then transferring this object as a packet property.

Cheers,

Earlence

As long as the object is serializable, the object can be inserted into the properties.

It will add the following xml to the message.

NameOfObject

Object

There are a couple things to consider. The message will be routed fine; however, the client will need to check for properties in the message to get the object. No, other XMPP like clients that you would be sending the message to would understand the properties that are contained in the message. As long as you are ok with that you are good to go.

Hi,

thanks for the info.

My actual aim is to transfer a stream of bytes from one peer to another. For this, I wrapped the array in a serializable

object and sent that vie a packet property. However, If i try to send a very large array, i get a Cannot be serialized exception.

To solve this, i am trying to send the data in 4kb chunks.

Is there any other way of accomplishing this, other than a file transfer?

Cheers,

Earlence

I have never sent a byte array (and not that large); however, the file transfer seems to be the way that the system takes large object well. Streaming video, pics, etc…

Hi,

Is there any limit on the size of data that i may send with a single packet?

Cheers,

Earlence