Pandion and Wildfire : downgrade Wildfire?

Hello,

i’‘m looking for xmpp server for deploying on a client intranet. I’‘ve looked at Jabberd2 and ejabberd, but Wildfire seems to be the one that’'s fit best.

My problem is that there is some unsolved problems between Pandion and Wildfire. So i was wondering how can i download Jive Messenger 2.3 that seems to work correctly with pandion. I’'ve found no “archive” link on the site.

Can someone help me ?

Thanx

Thor Aegir

I too could not find any archives of Jive Messenger. However, what kind of problems are you having with Pandion and Wildfire? Perhaps we could help.

You can access all previous versions of wildfire from SVN, just look for the appropriate branch. Unfortunately that means you will have to build it yourself aswell.

Conor.

The problem that i have is known :

i’'m not able to register new user to wildfire with pandion

Thanx for your help anyway

Thanx for your help Conor,

i will give a look at this

I have a copy of 2.3.1 saved if you need it.

So far I’‘ve had no luck myself in getting Wildfire to work with my AD/LDAP, so I’'m stuck at the old version.

have same problem here. I can’'t register new user with Pandion

got this in error log:

2006.02.19 22:44:26 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.SessionManager$ComponentSessionListener.onConnectionCl ose(SessionManager.java:1328) Could not close socket

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -2

at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.SessionManager$ComponentSessionListener.onConnectionC lose(SessionManager.java:1323)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketConnection.notifyCloseListeners(SocketConne ction.java:516)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketConnection.close(SocketConnection.java:360)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.SessionManager.stop(SessionManager.java:1479)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.XMPPServer.shutdownServer(XMPPServer.java:767)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.XMPPServer.access$600(XMPPServer.java:82)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.XMPPServer$ShutdownHookThread.run(XMPPServer.java:726 )

2006.02.19 22:45:35 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:302) Could not route packet

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.component.InternalComponentManager.process(InternalCo mponentManager.java:314)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:212)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:94)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.PacketRouter.route(PacketRouter.java:65)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.processIQ(SocketReader.java:394)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:262)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:119)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Hi Thor,

I tried to change wildfire to messenger in the download link and got this one to work

http://www.jivesoftware.org/builds/messenger/jive_messenger_2_3_0.tar.gz

Just replace the version in the end if you want another one.

/John