Patch for Review: Spark-1208

Can someone test the patch in http://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-1208. Ideal would be some coverage on Linux and Mac for this…

please correct me, but i do not see any file attached to SPARK-1208

Maybe I’m just going slightly mad though.

Ups, I’ll ask Wolf to post it…

Waiting for patch

• windows %HOMEPATH%/My Documents/Downloads

• linux /home/user/dowloads/

• mac /home/user/downloads/

Is there a reason we would not want it to go into the respective sparks download directory? I’m just wondering because we have some workstations where the same domain account is used to log on (they are front desk/clerical workstations) but different spark accounts may be used depending on who is rotating through on their shift.

This is probably a highly specialized circumstance though, so it’s probably a moot point. Just wondering though

We run some linux/mac’s systems at work running spark. I’ll update them with this patch and see how it goes!

sorry, forgot to attach

here you go

http://issues.igniterealtime.org/secure/attachment/11082/SPARK-1208-defaultfielt ransfer.patch

The current downloads directory is (in a Windows environment) in a hidden folder (

%appdata%/spark/users/blabla@blabla.org/) that is not necessarily visible to a office user (standard setting in Windows keep the folder invisible).

The downloads folder used by this patch is the default folder for all downloads in a Mac/Linux/Windows environment and will be used by default by Firefox/IE and such. It is the user that belongs to the user currently logged on Windows (e.g. for Joe it is “Joe/my downloads” and for Jane it is “Jane/my downloads”

Using this patch is a more mainstream behaviour of Spark.

Mike McMahon wrote:

we have some workstations where the same domain account is used to log on (they are front desk/clerical workstations) but different spark accounts may be used depending on who is rotating through on their shift.
This is probably not very common thing. Also, with the current behavior all downloads (for all jabber accounts) will end up in the user/jabber_account which was logged on for the first time. Not very logical with your example setup either.

Yeah both the current setup for our front counters and the current configuration of spark is probably not the most desired configuration.

I figured i would throw it out there in case there was anyone with any ideas or work around

Btw, guys, i’ve got 60 emails from JIRA and forums (and they keep coming). I won’t be able to check/test everything probably, so i will trust you on most patches