Persistant New Message Notification?

Our Mac guys are thrilled about the new features that were added in 2.5, including the bouncing of the dock icon!

Their only concern is that a lot of times, they’‘ll get up from their desks for extended periods of time. If they receive an IM while they are away, the dock will bounce five times, but by the time they return to their desk, there is no indication that they received a message. They’'ve told me that in AIM, the dock icon bounces as long as you have unread messages and the window on the taskbar would turn red.

Is there anyway to create a similar representation of a new message in Spark? If not, could this be added as a feature request for Macs? Even allowing the user to choice the number (0 - Unlimited) of bounces would work as well.

Any help is appreciated in advance!

jcampbell wrote:

Our Mac guys are thrilled about … the bouncing of the dock icon!

So why are Windows nerds upset about systray icon not flashing? I’'ve heard Derek was saying it is flashing. But i just dont see that. Anyone?

Sorry for the offtopic

wroot wrote:

So why are Windows nerds upset about systray icon not flashing? I’'ve heard Derek was saying it is flashing. But i just dont see that. Anyone?

The lack of complaints about the Windows systray is due to a lack of Windows users. We primarily use Linux and Macs here, and most of the Linux folks just stuck with Gaim when we set up the Wildfire server.