Persistent Rooms

No matter how i make a room from the admin or from the spark client (which lets me select Permanent) any time i go to bookmark my room, it tells me its temp.

i want to hook up a few of our users to auto login but cant even get that far.

not sure what i am doing wrong. when i look at the roomss they all have the same lil cassette type icon under the persistent column.

thoughts?

Can’t reproduce with Openfire 3.8.2 and latest nightly build of Spark. You can try latest Spark version, i think there were some changes to the rooms management (or maybe it was on the server side). http://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-INSTALL4J-596/artifact/JOB1/Instal l4j/

i am running 3.7. our server is on linux and i didnt set it up this last time and that guy is no longer around to help. and my linux experience is amatuer at best

so i would assume i should update then?

First try the latest Spark.

ohhh im sorry i forgot to respond to that. i am on 2.6.3 have been since its release

I mean the one from my link. It has 2.6.3 number. but it is 2.7.0 beta and it is very different.

Still no go. i do now see a check box i didnt see b4 for keeping the room persistent but still the same msg, my new room is temp and can not be added as a bookmark, this was creating from the new client.

Then the only option left is to update Openfire, though i can’t guarantee it will fix this (at least works for me). Maybe this is something in the database.