Plugin Help

I apologize if something similar has been discussed previously. I am trying to create a plugin which

intercepts packets, routes them somewhere else for processing and then they get routed to the receiving

XMPP server. So, there would be 2 XMPP servers (A and B) which each have their own clients, and the clients can communicate across servers and we have a black box that accepts, processes, and sends packets to and from an XMPP server. So far I have the XMPP servers up, the black box in the middle listening for the incoming packets, and have a plugin started. The plugin grabs any packets that are destined for another XMPP server

and sends it to the black box. Thhis is wher I am running into a problem. The black box does what it needs to do, is having an issue sending anything to my plugin.

Are we allowed to setup a “server” listening for stuff inside of a plugin?

I created and started the server inside the initiation method, should I be starting it somewhere else?

If you need any other information please let me know.

Thanks in advanced

– Nate

Hey Nate,

I’'m now officially confused.

What is the black box? Is it a plugin that runs in serverA and serverB? Does it have a PacketInterpcetor?

Are we allowed to setup a “server” listening for stuff inside of a plugin?

Are you referring to a service? Plugins can include components. Components are services with a known XMPP address. Not sure if that helps.

I created and started the server inside the initiation method, should I be starting it somewhere else?

Ok. I’'m once again more confused.

Take care,

– Gato

“What is the black box? Is it a plugin that runs in serverA and serverB? Does it have a PacketInterpcetor?”

Sorry for the confusion. The black box is something that sits on an separate machine from ServerA and ServerB which sits and watis for messages from either A and B and forwards the messages to the appropriate server, A or B.

“Ok. I’'m once again more confused”

The I am trying to run something inside of my plugin which is listening on a certain port, which would be starter when the plugin is initialized, ie: in the initializePlugin(…) method.

I will have to look into components to see if that is what I really need.

Thanks,

Nate