Plugin not setting up needed database tables

Just a short note: After setting up the latest Wildfire 3.1.1 with the latest beta of the gateway-plugin the needed db-tables (here: mysql) weren’'t installed automatically which forced me to extract the tables from the .jar and to install the needed additional tables by hand. Please double-check if that only happend to me or to all other users. Now everything (i.e. ICQ for me) works fine.

Best wishes,

Philipp

Hrm. All of that is handled by the wildfire plugin manager itself and the associated db files. If you put the jar in the plugins directory, and run wildfire, assuming the permissions aren’'t causing a problem, wildfire should auto-extract the jar for you, run whatever database updates/installs it needs, and add in the plugin functionality to wildfire. You should be able to get to the same db tables by looking in plugins/gateway/database. Are there any errors in your wildfire logs to indicate a database create error?

Well, that’‘s what I did and since everything except for the table-creation works fine I guess that the error is somehow related to the gateway-plugin (sorry! ). I found some java-errors stating that the creation of the tables failed and later others complaining abut these missing tables but I can’'t show you the logs because I delete them via cronjobs (otherwise they fill up my harddrive as it happend a while ago with 69gigs - insane software )

I took a close look again and what I find regarding the plugin-manager is the following:

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :347)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.access$200(PluginManager.java :49)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:907)

&

2006.12.05 11:47:24 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java: 467) Error loading plugin

These messages fill up my error-log repeatedly. Maybe there is a correlation?

Edit: The above messages are due to an incorrect java-version (_07 instead of _10) - sorry!

Best wishes,

Philipp

Message was edited by: philippgerard

philippgerard wrote:

Well, that’‘s what I did and since everything except for the table-creation works fine I guess that the error is somehow related to the gateway-plugin (sorry! ). I found some java-errors stating that the creation of the tables failed and later others complaining abut these missing tables but I can’'t show you the logs because I delete them via cronjobs (otherwise they fill up my harddrive as it happend a while ago with 69gigs - insane software )

While I have no problem accepting that it might be the gateway plugin’‘s fault, I have actually seen this same thing happen with other plugins. =( That’‘s why I think it’'s not directly related to my plugin.

philippgerard wrote:

I took a close look again and what I find regarding the plugin-manager is the following:

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :347)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.access$200(PluginManager.java :49)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:907)

&

2006.12.05 11:47:24 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java: 467) Error loading plugin

These messages fill up my error-log repeatedly. Maybe there is a correlation?

Edit: The above messages are due to an incorrect java-version (_07 instead of _10) - sorry!

Really? Some other folk were running into this same problem. (where wildfire will loop endlessly trying to load a plugin after an update) Switching to _10 is all that it took to solve it?

Yes, that helped me. However, I have to fight some other strange misbehaviours since the server (esp. the im-gateway) seem to work incorrectly.

Would you be interested in elaborating on the problems you are running into with the plugin after upgrading? Or would you prefer to gather some more solid info first or something like that? I’‘d like to hear what’'s going on. =)