Plugin Request - When PC Locked, set to Away

Does anyone know of a plugin for the Spark client that can set the status to away when the PC is locked? It’s definitely not a deal breaker, but just throwing it out there to see if anyone has had interest in this as well.

Thanks all,

Joe

Isn’t Spark already doing this out of the box for you? It think this was implemented/fixed few years ago.

Nope, I just tested now to make sure. Right now it appears that the only way we are automatically being set to away is with the idle timer. Is this supposed to be an intergrated feature?

Also to clarify, I’m locking my Windows XP workstation by going to Ctrl+Alt+Del, and selecting Lock Computer.

I will test this tomorrow. Though i was sure it is working.

OK. I’m using Spark 2.5.8.

I’ve filed this as SPARK-1043 . Though i can’t say when it could be implemented. Spark development is not very active lately.

As you can see, this issue is marked as fixed in the current svn source code. If you want to test this, you will have to compile new spark version. But maybe better way would be to try new Spark installer, which should include all latest source changes. This installer is in the testing stage, so it’s not suggested for the production environment, yet. But by testing it you can contribute to the community

See the spark-installer.jar attachment:

http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/message/188636#188636

If you find any issue with the installer, please comment on that thread.