Recently I have ran into problem with plugin beeing redeployed everytime I have deleted it. Plugin is loaded and unloaded via admin panel. Now, when the plugin JAR file will be like this: notifierPlugin.jar this plugin will become unremovable.
- Plugin manager unzips the plugin to LOWERCASED DIRECTORY (PluginManager.java:984)
- Plugin admin uses directory name to CREATE NAME OF JAR FILE AND DELETE IT
- Plugin admin is unable to do that because of linux FS case sensativity. Tries to delete notifierplugin.jar when the file is notifierPlugin.jar
- Admin panel shows notification that plugin is deleted successfully when it is actually no
- Plugin admin page does not check whetever jar file deletion is successfull or not - plugin-admin.jsp:82 - no check for result of pluginJar.delete();
So my questions are:
- Why such lowercaseonly apporach is here?
- If lowercase jar filename is forced, why ant build script is not simply forcing it to be lowercase (OR)
- Why web admin upload mechanism wont simply rename uploaded file to lowercase? (OR)
- Why I did not find anything about that in docs.
Cheers! Hope you will fix that soon.