Plugins doesnt load up in admin console plugin

Hi Guys been running openfire in my school ( as our local jabber server) for a while now so far it runs great, however recently i installing some plugins to the server. but i noticed that non of them showed up in the web admin console after i installed them. I tried restarting the openfire service (ubuntu 8.04) /etc/init.d/openfire restart and even rebooting the whole server … still the problem persisted … so i went to the error log and found the following errors

2009.08.19 07:09:54 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.jav a:507)] Error loading plugin: /usr/share/openfire/plugins/gateway

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.GatewayPlugin

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClas2009.08.19 07:09:54 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.jav a:507)] Error loading plugin: /usr/share/openfire/plugins/gateway

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.GatewayPlugin

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :385)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.java :47)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:1032)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:317)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:150)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:181)sLoader.java:200)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :385)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.java :47)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:1032)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:317)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:150)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:181)

rest if the errors can be viewed here

http://pastebin.com/f5ed5abec

what could be the problem … seem to be some java issue but i have

i A sun-java6-jre - Sun Java™ Runtime Environment (JRE) 6

i sun-java6-jdk - Sun Java™ Development Kit (JDK) 6

i sun-java6-bin - Sun Java™ Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 (

installed … what gives

thanks in advance

What version of Openfire are you using and how are you installing the plugins?

Thanks am running Openfire 3.6.4 and the plugin am trying to run are

IM Gateway v1.2.4d

Monitoring Service v1.1.1

MotD (Message of the Day)** v **1.0.4

Thanks

Are you installing those plugin via Admin Console or manually. Does the user running openfire has write permissions on /openfire/plugins dir?

It sounds like a permissions issue. I also would get rid of the gateway plugin and download the Kraken plugin which is its replacement. The old gateway plugin is no longer supported by the developer. http://kraken.blathersource.org/