Plugins not loading since upgrading from 3.3.3 to 3.4.3

I’ve been having some issues since upgrading openfire from 3.3.3 to 3.43. Basically, I can’t get any plugins to load from the available plugins page. I tried uninstalling openfire and deleting the directory (we use AD for everything) and reinstalling but I’m having the same issue. The error log says something about permissions but I"ve been unable to figure it out so far. When I try to load a plugin from the available plugins page it says it installed successfully but I click over to the plugins page and it never shows up. Under the directory, the jar file is there and it creates the subdirectory but no files are ever extracted into it. I had several plugins installed under the old version and don’t remember having any issues.

Openfire: 3.4.3

Java Version: linux-sun-jdk1.6.0 u3

Error Log…

2008.01.13 23:11:53

org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory$1.error(CommonsLogFactory.java: 87)

Line=19 The content of element type “dwr” must match

“(init?,allow?,signatures?)”.2008.01.13 23:12:14 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.unzipPlugin(Plug inManager.java:1083)

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/local/share/java/openfire/plugins/motd/changelog.html (Permission denied)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:179)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:131)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.unzipPlugin(Plu ginManager.java:1064)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:937)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.installPlugin(PluginManager.j ava:159)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.update.UpdateManager.downloadPlugin(UpdateManager.jav a:243)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.update.PluginDownloadManager.installPlugin(PluginDown loadManager.java:56)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.ja va:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.impl.ExecuteQuery.execute(ExecuteQuery.java:239)

at uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.impl.DefaultExecProcessor.handle(DefaultExecProcessor.java: 48)

at uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.impl.DefaultProcessor.handle(DefaultProcessor.java:81)

at uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.AbstractDWRServlet.doPost(AbstractDWRServlet.java:162)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1093)at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:98)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:11 8)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)

at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:712)

at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:211)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)

at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:506)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:844 )

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:644)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:205)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:381)

at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:396)

at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)

After playing with it a little longer, I found I can install the Broadcast plugin, Content Filter, and Search plugin through the plugin page no problem. However, the IM Gateway, MotD, and Spark Manager plugins do not install correctly. They never show up under the plugins page and under the available plugins page the option to install them is not there but it’s listed.

Well, I ended up deleting all the jar files under the plugins directory and waiting a few minutes then deleting the folders that remained. All the plugins then reinstalled just fine with the exception of the two that aren’t available through the available plugins page. So I’m thinking one of them was the issue.