Plugins problems

Hello,

I try several times to install plugin for JM server but nothing appears in the admin console. To be sure plugins may appear, i copy all of them to plugins directory, the directories creation happens but always nothing in the console for any plugins.

Can you see me which plugin is sure to be watched in the JM server console ? Can you help me please ?

Cheers,

JP

Most plugins are listed on the left hand of the admin panel once loaded. You can see what plugins are currently loaded by clicking on the ‘‘Plugins’’ link under Server Manager.

For example: the content filter should give you an extra menu item called ‘‘Content Filter’’ under the ‘‘Server Settings’’ heading on the left of your admin panel.

To load a plugin, you download the plugin (a .jar file) from the url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/messenger/plugins.jspPlugin Library[/url]. Save this file in the directory JIVEMESSENGER/plugins/ where JIVEMESSENGER is the full path where you installed Jive Messenger. If the server was not running, the plugin will be available as soon as you start the server. If the server was already running, it’'ll be available within a couple of seconds (try reloading the admin panel a couple of times).

If this doesn’‘t work out for you, could you check what version of Jive Messenger you’'re using. Also, post any information that comes up in the logs.

Already, thank you for answer but it doesn’‘t work, i have installed the content filter plugin and i don’‘t have nothing on the Plugin link under server manager, neither on the menu you told under server settings in the admin console. What’‘s happen ? I use JM 2.3.0. For the log, i don’‘t understand “nothing” in it, i’'m a newbee, can you tell what kind of log you need (error, warn, info or debug) ?

Could you double check if you saved the .jar file to the right directory? I’'m not sure which log file you need: just search for ‘‘content’’, ‘‘filter’’ or ‘‘plugin’’ in all of them to see if something of interest comes up.

I check the directory twice and it’‘s the good one, the .jar file is in /opt/jive_messenger/plugins (my install directory), i don’'t understand what happen because the extraction of the .jar is good, a directory contentfilter is created once i start the JM server but nothing appears on the console yet.

I made a search on all the log and there is nothing about that ???

That’‘s weird. The file that should be visible is http://127.0.0.1:9090/plugins/contentfilter/contentfilter-props-edit-form.jsp but if you don’‘t see anything on the main page, it’'d surprise me if that exists.

I hope someone else can help out here. I’'m out of ideas.

Hi Atchik,

What other plugins besides the contentFilter are you seeing this problem with?

Thanks,

RYan

I don"t have any .jsp file in my directory plugins/contentfilter, there is the content of the folder /opt/jive_messenger/plugins/contentfilter :

changelog.html

logo_large.gif

plugin.xml

web (folder)

lib (folder)

logo_small.gif

readme.html

Is it normal ?

Thanks for advance,

JP.

Hi,

In fact, i have the problem with all the plugins, i try the broadcast one and it’'s the same, nothing on the admin console to configure it or just to see if there is correctly installed.

JP.

Yes, that seems normal. I don’‘t have changelog.html, but that could be because I’'m building the plugin from (older) sources.

ok, thanks, it’'s great so what about the .jsp file '‘cause I don’'t have it ?

That should be generated in runtime. I don’'t have it either, but if I point my browser to that adress I mentioned above, the webserver that is build in Jive Messenger returns me that page.

do you have the latest version of plugins? i mean not vers numbers. After JM 2.3.0 release all plugins have been substituted with new ones. Could you try to stop server, delete plugin and its dir. Download plugin again (if it’'s older than few weeks) then copy it to plugins folder and start the server. If you have up2date plugin then before starting the server try renaming plugin without Caps in its name. Just guessing, though this bug should be fixed already.

I did what you advice and always no new section called Content Filter in my admin console but i clear my log files and i think perhaps i have a java problem because i have errors, there is my error.log :

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.ConnectionManagerImpl.start(ConnectionManagerImp l.java:425)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.XMPPServer.startModules(XMPPServer.java:465)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.XMPPServer.start(XMPPServer.java:347)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.XMPPServer.(XMPPServer.java:134)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:82)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:46)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.install4j.runtime.Launcher.main(Unknown Source)

2005.12.01 12:08:19 org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.ConnectionManagerImpl.startClientSSLListeners(Con nectionManagerImpl.java:205) Impossible de configurer le socket SSL

java.net.BindException: Address already in use

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(Unknown Source)

at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(Unknown Source)

at java.net.ServerSocket.(XMPPServer.java:134)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:82)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:46)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.install4j.runtime.Launcher.main(Unknown Source)

I’‘m not sure if that’'s even possible, but could you check if you started Jive Messenger twice?

ok, i started JM twice and it’‘s the same, nothing new in admin console. I don’‘t understand what’‘s happen, i’'m desperate…

What I ment was you should check if you accidently started JM twice. You’‘re not supposed to, but maybe you’'re looking at one instance while the other is loading the plugin.

Can you check if, after shutting down JM, you can still access the Admin panel?

Please state what version of JM you are running and where you are getting the plugins from.

The new 2.3.x release of JM, required a rebuild of all plugins. This means the plugins that are available for download will only work for 2.3.x version of JM or higher.

Conor.

ah ok, i said you that i think it’‘s strange to launch JM twice… Actually, i have just one instance because when i stop messenger, i can’‘t access to the console, so it’'s not the cause of my problems with plugins installation.

My JM version is 2.3.0 and i downloaded again all the plugins 2 days ago and it still doesn’'t work.