POP Email Broadcast to Users/Groups (Broadcast Plugin Request?)

Hello,

I’'m not sure if this might be a new plugin or a feature request for the Broadcast plugin.

I would be interested in a feature for a plugin to check (via POP?) a specified email account and grab content from any messages waiting (From/To/Subject/First couple of lines of email content) and forward it on to a user or group of users via an IM.

A couple of uses (mostly what I and my users would use it for, at least!)

1. Message forums that offer email notification but no other means of “announcing” that a particular thread has been replied to.

2. Services such as Vonage that offer email notification that you have voicemail waiting.

3. New message notification (I guess some would use this, I wouldn’'t.)

For me, the first two are of particular interest and my intent would be to have any plugin POP email from special email accounts - not my primary - for example I might have a vonagevm@example.com email address solely for those notifications and forward that on to a group of users who would want to be checking that voicemail.

A plugin might even have the ability to send an notification “from” a Jive user account you have setup for that purpose, as in the above example you might have a user called Vonage VM you would get notifications from.

Steve,

I would be interested in a feature for a plugin to

check (via POP?) a specified email account and grab

content from any messages waiting

(From/To/Subject/First couple of lines of email

content) and forward it on to a user or group of

users via an IM.

Sounds like an interesting idea. I’'ve filed this as JM-402. If you can think of other ideas, please add them as comments.

1. Message forums that offer email notification but

no other means of “announcing” that a particular

thread has been replied to.

We’'ll be able to help out with that directly in Jive Forums pretty soon.

1. Services such as Vonage that offer email

notification that you have voicemail waiting.

1. New message notification (I guess some would use

this, I wouldn’'t.)

Yep, makes sense.

Regards,

Matt