Possible error in LDAP code? ("," used instead of ";")

Hi,

today i tried to upgrade my 3.0.0beta test installation to 3.0.1. My installation uses a LDAP server for authentication, and i was able to login to the admin console with my username which i provided in the

kind regards,

Christoph

Same here!

Wildfire 3.0.1 was my first try with wildfire at all. I was very disappointed and I threw it away.

But when I read this, I tried 2.5.1 (same config) and it works!

LDAP uses a comma (",") to seperate each level of the LDAP tree. Since you put a semi-colon in your config, it dosnt see that as a seperator. Try changing the semi-colon to a comma.

moser wrote:

Same here!

Wildfire 3.0.1 was my first try with wildfire at all. I was very disappointed and I threw it away.

But when I read this, I tried 2.5.1 (same config) and it works!

Are you saying that 2.5.1 works for you, but 3.0.1 does not? Can you post your config (perhaps in a new thread)?

Yes, indeed!

Here ist 3.0.1

It is not the “;”-error, but it is quite similar. I use a Lotus Domino 6.0.3-Server for ldap, which says:

03/08/2006 15.38.27 LDAP Server: Warning: Invalid credentials specified on Bind request, DN is “Notes Support”,ou=foo,o=bar,c=de/

I doublechecked with OpenLDAP 2.3.19. I got very strange results. Sometime there was no activity on the ldap server at all.

so I changed to 2.5.1 and t works.

I doublecked today on a different machine. Installed 2.5.1 -> works. Installed 3.0.1 -> does not work. Reinstalled 2.5.1 again -> works again.

conf:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

moser wrote:

Yes, indeed!

Here ist 3.0.1

It is not the “;”-error, but it is quite similar. I use a Lotus Domino 6.0.3-Server for ldap, which says:

03/08/2006 15.38.27 LDAP Server: Warning: Invalid credentials specified on Bind request, DN is “Notes Support”,ou=foo,o=bar,c=de/

I doublechecked with OpenLDAP 2.3.19. I got very strange results. Sometime there was no activity on the ldap server at all.

so I changed to 2.5.1 and t works.

I doublecked today on a different machine. Installed 2.5.1 -> works. Installed 3.0.1 -> does not work. Reinstalled 2.5.1 again -> works again.

Nothing obvious in the config, but your error message seems wrong. The “Notes Support” is the value, but what is the object class? I expect to see something more like cn=Notes Support,ou=foo,o=bar,c=de

With all the caching Wildfire does, its not totally suprising that sometimes there will be no activity on the ldap server. But, what sort of “strange results” did you see?

slushpupie wrote:

Nothing obvious in the config, but your error message seems wrong.

It’'s the only message I get!

The “Notes Support” is the value, but what is the object class? I expect to see something more like

cn=Notes Support,ou=foo,o=bar,c=de

“Notes Support” ist the value of cn, what is the RDN. cn=Notes Support,ou=foo,o=bar,c=de would be the correct DN corresponding to the value (uid of Notes Support)

With all the caching Wildfire does, its not totally suprising that sometimes there will be no activity on the ldap server.

Ok.

But, what sort of “strange results” did you see?

I don’'t remember very well. I checked debug output from another Domino Server, but could get any glue, what could be wrong. So I gave up - until I read this and tried 2.5.1.

Can I do something to help to get this solved?

I have the same problem (with Domino v7.01). But for me it is also not working with Wildfire 2.5.1. Did you found in the meantime a solution for this problem?

Detlev

Still have not solution?

Did the userPassword attribute handling change between versions?

Like the ability to handle encoded binary hash?

I’'m seeing the same issue.