PostGRE SQL group integration problem

Hi,

I’‘ve been trying to customize auth, users and groups in Wildfire but I still can’‘t get customized groups to work as they do when Wildfire uses its own structure. When I do that, I can create a group via de Web admin page and assign users to that group, then share with other users and as soon as I connect to the server (using PSI or Spark clients) this new group with the assigned contacts will appear in the roster of the client. This is exactly the behaviour I’‘m looking for. BUT, if I try to customize groups, I can’‘t create them from within the Web admin (I’‘m guessing it will make the data read-only as it does when customizing users) because I get an error that makes me check my logs. I thought that might be the point but “groups” customization doesn’'t allow me to modify tables such as “jivegroupprop” that probably make the difference.

Problem is that once I try to customize groups, they won’‘t appear in the client as I described above, which proves I’‘m doing something wrong (but I still haven’‘t been able to figure out). I’'ve thoroughly searched the through the forums and found many things that helped me in previous steps, but not in this one.

Wildfire is running on (after ant building) Eclipse 3.2.1 with JDK 1.5.0_10. Platform is Windows XP, and the DB is running on Ubuntu Linux. I’‘m using Wildfire 3.1.1 (since updating to 3.2.2 brought many other issues I’'m still not ready to face), PostGreSQL for auth, user and group customization, and my “wildfire.xml” config file is as follows:

<----

START OF “WILDFIRE.XML” -

<----

END OF “WILDFIRE.XML” -

The “WildfireAuth” database is used only for auth, and the “Wildfire” one should be used for the other two options (users and groups). Users and auth work fine, groups just don’'t.

Let me know if you need any other information, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jordi

Message was edited by: Jordig

I’‘m wondering if I haven’'t got any response because maybe no one has tried to setup all the customization under PostGRE SQL database, or maybe because the problem is not clearly exposed, or not clear at all…

Any help or feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi,

it’'s at least a very long and complicated looking post.

Is “The “WildfireAuth” database is used only for auth, and the “Wildfire” one should be used for the other two options (users and groups).” right? Then you must use only the auth provider as described in “Authentication Integration” in http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/wildfire/docs/latest/documentation/db-integ ration-guide.html - your current setup is the “Group Integration” one.

LG

Hi,

Thanks LG for your response, desperation is starting to get over me :stuck_out_tongue: The original post is indeed very long because of the “wildfire.xml”, I wanted to give as much info as possible.

I followed the guide you indicate, but I couldn’‘t get integration to work. So digging through the forums brought this post http://www.igniterealtime.org/forum/thread.jspa?messageID=137761&#137761 which came in real handy, I only had to change MySQL for PostGreSQL and it almost worked. In that post, however, group integration is not performed, and there’‘s where I’'m facing most trouble. I am in fact trying to achieve the correct “group integration” setup.

I am messing again with config, putting all three integration options inside a single database, but while auth and users work properly, groups don’'t. I insert the groups in a table named “groups” with two columns: “groupname” (as PK) and “description”. Then, another table called “groupsusers” holds the assignation of users to groups. It has three columns: “groupname”, “username” and “administrator”. These two tables are copies of “jivegroup” and “jivegroupuser” created in the default DB schema.

When I access the web admin page I can see the groups and their description, but there are no users in any group, they all have 0 members (I did enable contact list group sharing). If I connect to the server, the groups don’‘t appear at all in the client roster, while if I don’‘t integrate auth, users or groups these appear properly in the roster list with all the users I added from within the web admin. Group creation and user addition to groups is something I can’'t do once I integrate auth, users and groups; I guess this is the intended behaviour.

Again, any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jordi

Solved in http://www.igniterealtime.org/forum/message.jspa?messageID=142655#142655