Postrges Roster Information For External Contacts?

I just recently installed Wildfire 3.1.1 on a FBSD 6.1 server using the newly released FBSD Wildfire port. I have the daemon running properly w/ a Postgres 8.1 back-end. Given that I am still running this server as a beta project for my corporation, most of my communications are currently w/ external users who I communicate w/ on external IM networks. I am running the latest beta gateway plug-in for communication w/ these outside users. I am running into a couple issues where I cannot seem to completely delete old contacts from my IM client (using either Psi or Spark). As such, I went into the Wildfire postgres database to see if I could delete these external users from that level. Much to my surprise, I cannot seem to find these external users in the DB, despite the fact that they have to be there as they get automatically loaded after a clean client IM install. The only entries that come up under the “jiveroster” table in the DB are the transports themselves. I would very much appreciate insight as to where I might look to find these entries in the database. I would assume that any contacts associated with a user account would be under the jiveroster database table, regardless of whether these contacts are local to the IM server or on some external network that I connect to via a gateway transport. Is this assumption not accurate? Thx for any feedback on this inquiry.

On a side note, does anyone know if there are plans to integrate AIM or MSN conference support into the gateway plug-in? If its already there then I seem to be missing it.

SNS

sns wrote:

I just recently installed Wildfire 3.1.1 on a FBSD 6.1 server using the newly released FBSD Wildfire port. I have the daemon running properly w/ a Postgres 8.1 back-end. Given that I am still running this server as a beta project for my corporation, most of my communications are currently w/ external users who I communicate w/ on external IM networks. I am running the latest beta gateway plug-in for communication w/ these outside users. I am running into a couple issues where I cannot seem to completely delete old contacts from my IM client (using either Psi or Spark). As such, I went into the Wildfire postgres database to see if I could delete these external users from that level. Much to my surprise, I cannot seem to find these external users in the DB, despite the fact that they have to be there as they get automatically loaded after a clean client IM install. The only entries that come up under the “jiveroster” table in the DB are the transports themselves. I would very much appreciate insight as to where I might look to find these entries in the database. I would assume that any contacts associated with a user account would be under the jiveroster database table, regardless of whether these contacts are local to the IM server or on some external network that I connect to via a gateway transport. Is this assumption not accurate? Thx for any feedback on this inquiry.

I don’'t have a lot of time here, so fair warning on a terse response. =)

1. Some of the transports don’‘t have good deletion support yet. (it’'s explicitly disabled in AIM/ICQ for example)

2. Roster items are “non-persistent”… ie they are only stored in memory so as not to pollute your real roster. Instead we work the roster on the legacy service.

On a side note, does anyone know if there are plans to integrate AIM or MSN conference support into the gateway plug-in? If its already there then I seem to be missing it.

GATE-12 =) That support definitely does not exist right now, but is planned

Thx for the quick response.

SNS