Preventing users from altering roster / Restricting Communication

Hi. I’‘ve got Jive Messenger up seeing and populating groups via LDAP properly. What I need to do (and this may be a client end problem) is restrict users from communicating with people outside of certain groups. For example, I have three groups, Management, Sales and Clerical. I want Management to be able to see and talk to both Sales and Clerical and I want Sales and Clerical to be able to see and talk to Management. But I don’'t want members of Sales to talk among themselves or to members of Clerical. Is there a way to do this with Jive, or does someone have a suggestion for a client that would facilitate this?

Thanks,

Will

Message was edited by:

wdimmit

Will,

I’‘ve filed this feature request as JM-349. Please vote for the issue and add any comments you’'d like to.

Regards,

Matt

can i vote more than once?

fix verion: 2.3.0 Heh…

Is there any framework for posting a monetary bounty for a specfic feature request?

Will,

Jive Software implements custom features on top of Jive Messenger (or standard features on an expedited time frame) through our professional services team. Ryan Graham of version2software is also available to do custom work. If you send me an email, we could discuss in more detail (click my profile).

Regards,

Matt