Probably a Bug with CM - manager.xml ignored

Hi,

i am trying to install a testing environment. i have to have a connection manager and the wildfire server on the same host, just on different ports. but each time i wanted to start both servers i get a socket in use error. i already changed the ports at the connection manager config file, but it seems those changes beeing ignored.

anyone can confirm?

Regards,

Rouven

I’‘m getting the same too. It works for xmpp.socket.ssl.port but not for xmpp.socket.plain. Obviously the code doesn’‘t read xmpp.socket.plain correctly. Perhaps you’'d want to report the bug here.

Anyway, if you change the default ports in Wildfire instead of in CM’'s manager.xml, it should work.

Hi,

you can track the issue here: JM-788

You can use one IP address for the CM and another for Wildfire, this may help a lot as you don’‘t need to change a port. It’'s the same for Wildfire (wildfire.xml) and CM (manager.xml):

… while you should use different IP addresses of course.

LG

i fixed the bug for myself, wasn’'t that bad:

Index: F:/Workspace/Wildfire Connection Manager/src/java/org/jivesoftware/multiplexer/ConnectionManager.java

===================================================================

— F:/Workspace/Wildfire Connection Manager/src/java/org/jivesoftware/multiplexer/ConnectionManager.java (revis ion 4765)

+++ F:/Workspace/Wildfire Connection Manager/src/java/org/jivesoftware/multiplexer/ConnectionManager.java (worki ng copy)

@@ -251,7 +251,7 @@

private void startClientListeners(String localIPAddress) {

// Start clients plain socket unless it’'s been disabled.

•    int port = JiveGlobals.getIntProperty("xmpp.socket.plain.port", 5222);

•    int port = JiveGlobals.getIntProperty("xmpp.socket.plain", 5222);

ServerPort serverPort = new ServerPort(port, serverName, localIPAddress,

false, null, ServerPort.Type.client);

try {