Problem about Shutdown Messenger Server

I run the messenger server in a standalone way. and I startup the server by running the shell(startup.sh).

Now I want to start and stop the server from my another web apps in weblogic server. As you known, I can start the server by running the shell in weblogic server , but How can I shutdown the messenger server in the weblogic server.

*what’'s the best way to do that? *

Thanks

Eric

Eric,

We plan to add support for deploying Jive Messenger as a WAR file, which is what I think you’'re looking for. The issue is: JM-71.

Regards,

Matt

Thanks, Matt

Deploying jive Messenger as a war file is not enough for me. Because My app server doesn’'t support JDK5.0, I had to run the jive messenger in the standalone way.

Now I send a customized “Shutdown” IQ Message from the web application to the server. and then the server will “close” itself based on the “special IQ Message”. I wonder whether the workaround is correct or not?

Thanks

Eric,

Ahh, I gotcha. One JEP that might work well for this is JEP-0050 (ad-hoc commands). Or, you could do something simpler such as a custom IQ like you suggest. You could create a simple plugin that listened for the IQ as a component – maybe with a password.

Regards,

Matt