Problem Adding users in Wildfire (error )

Why does wildfire server give to me an error when any user add to this services when this user uses any ( _ ) on his nickname. Example:

• When (alex_23) add to my wildfire and y restart my wildfire I try to see list of my group and it give to me this error:

HTTP ERROR: 500

Illegal JID: alex_23

RequestURI=/group-summary.jsp

And I just have 1 list of group (Users) where every body can see all users in their contacts. Please, I need help. Thanks

Jorge,

Seems that “_” is one of the disallowed characters for JID.

What clients are you using to get such a nickname? It could be a bug in Wildfire if it lets users register with such information.

Conor.

Hi,

groups in Wildfire with JID’'s like ‘‘a_bc’’ run fine for me. Also restarting Wildfire causes no problems.

Would you please post some more details about this problem, are you using Spark 1.0.3 as client or something else?

LG

I use Wildfire, Versión: 2.4.0 under Linux Enterprise

I have only 1 group and when user adds to my server using a jid with (_), example alex_12 or peter_us, the server add fine this user, BUT when I restart wildfire and try to see list of group, I see a web page that show me:

In this moment I try to conect any client, it says conecting…, but it not conect. and at the same time wildfire show me in sesions that this user is conected, but it is not real for the client of the user. I have tried with 5 clients and nothing.

Can you try removing the user…

Then re-add them and restart your WildFire server

I was just checking to see if you found a solution to this yet, I now have to have users with a “-” in their name and I am experiencing the same problem.

I too am also having the same issue…however, my usernames are also fname_lname. Can anyone clear this issue up? If these names are illegal this is a serious bug as the server allows you to use the _ character.

On a side note, I must admit i am impressed with this software and i would like to support the developers in anyway i can.

would it be possible that exists a file in the server wildfire where I can declare the character _ like character accepted in the list of users? Every day I have to delete users with _ , it is not good for the “jabberian” people, neither for admins.

org/jivesoftware/stringprep/IDNA.java

for (int i = 0; i < input.length(); i++) {

int c = input.charAt(i);

if ((c <= 0x2c) ||

(c >= 0x2e && c <= 0x2f) ||

(c >= 0x3a && c <= 0x40) ||

(c >= 0x5b && c <= 0x60) ||

(c >= 0x7b && c <= 0x7f)) {

throw new IDNAException(IDNAException.CONTAINS_NON_LDH);

}

}

/code

Hi, it seems that this code is used for JID’'s and not only for host names. Looking at the code I see no configuration option to skip this test.

LG

In the case of wildfire under Linux, how can I find this file LG ?? IDNA doesn´t exist in wildfire under wildfire rpm instalation.

is something that’‘s part of the XMPP spec, or a wildfire thing? I’'ve been using _ in names uder jabberd for over a year now with no trouble from the server or the clients.

Hi,

you should have a lib/wildfire.jar - extract it (“jar xf wildfire.jar org/jivesoftware/stringprep/IDNA.java”), modify it and then update wildfire.jar with the new IDNA.class file.

Doing this is evil and maybe tricky, I did not try to do this. Anyway one can be lucky that the .java file is in the .jar archive, so there is a way to patch this.

The core developers will have a better understanding of the whole code than me, there may be a better way to fix this.

LG

Hey guys,

I just checked the specifications and it seems that the “_” character is valid when present in the node part of the JID. Therefore, I’'m going to review what the server is doing. Bug-- Open: Unresolved JM-520

Thanks,

– Gato

It doesn’'t seem to cause any errors on my server as long as the user is not in a group.

Once a user with any( _ ) in their username is added to a group though, it does create the error:

So it only appears to be affecting the groups. (as far as I’'ve seen)

Spec[/u]

Fedora Core 4

Wildfire 2.4.2

Hey guys,

The problem has been fixed. Today we are going to release Wildfire 2.4.3 that includes many important bug fixes so you can find this fix in today’'s release.

Thanks,

– Gato