Problem! help! virtual hosting?

i am wondering if jive messenger is able to do virtual hosting as i have a few site which uses instant messaging to communicate and i do not want each other website to have interaction with the other site.

an example:

i have two group of people using instant messaging, yahoo and MSN. it will be in one server. i do not want to merge them together and yahoo user is supposed to be able to be in yahoo only, will not be able to see the MSN group or be part of the MSN group unless he or she sign-up again as a MSN user. vice versa.

i am still new to this jabber technology and jive messenger , its client and its server. but after trying jive. i must say that this is rather user-friendly and would be great if my this problem is solved.

i am wondering if jive messenger is able to do

virtual hosting as i have a few site which uses

instant messaging to communicate and i do not want

each other website to have interaction with the other

site.

As you can see in the Advanced section of the Open-source XMPP server comparison chart Jive Messenger do not support virtual hosting:

http://www.jabber.org/admin/jsc/#section_advanced

If you need this feature now you will have to choose another Jabber server, but…

an example:

i have two group of people using instant messaging,

yahoo and MSN. it will be in one server. i do not

want to merge them together and yahoo user is

supposed to be able to be in yahoo only, will not be

able to see the MSN group or be part of the MSN group

unless he or she sign-up again as a MSN user. vice

versa.

…are you talking about Shared Roster Groups? This is not the same as virtual hosting. Virtual hosting is only needed when you want to share multiple domain names with one server. So, you probably do not need virtual hosting support.