Problem trying to build wildfire with ant

Hello,

I download the wildfire source code and the binary of ANT. I unzipped ANT to E:\antroot and the wildfire source code to E:\wildfire_src . I have also set the ANT_HOME and JAVA_HOME variables.

But when I go to the build dir in wildfire_src and give ant it says build.xml does not exist. I know I am doing something real stupid here but can’‘t figure out what and so I am trying this forum. I couldn’'t resolve my problem even after reading the docs. Could someone tell me what I am missing here ?

Regards

so, where is your build.xml file?

build.xml is in the build directory of wildfire_src

The parameters in my windowsXp os:

ANT_HOME E:\apache-ant-1.6.1

JAVA_HOME E:\jdk1.5.0_06

path E:\jdk1.5.0_06\bin; E:\apache-ant-1.6.1\bin;

==================

Is your jdk version 1.5?

Is your OS windows?

Did you reboot your system after setting the *_HOME parameter?

I rebooted my system and it worked

Thanks a lot

I am having problems with the build environment as well. Is there a document anywhere with step by step instructions on how to set up and perform a build?

So far I have installed the JDK, Ant and downloaded the source code. The build appears to kick off, but I get many “Cannot find symbol” errors when compiling in the admin directory.

As a background - I used eclipse to set up a JAVA project and have successfully built a plugin that installs and runs on the server. The plugin enables the transfer of XMPP messages to JMS message queues. I would like to offer this plugin (after a little touch up work) to the open source community, but am having a difficult time creating and using the Wildfire build environment. The build environment I created on my own while developing the plugin works for me, but will prevent me from submitting code to the community.

Any help or pointers to the correct documentation would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

• Ken

Hi Kennith,

You might be interested in url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/kbcategory.jspa?categoryID=17Building Wildfire with Ant or Eclipse[/url] kb document I created awhile back.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Thank You!!

Your document contained the information I needed. I can now build the wildfire plugins from within eclipse. Next step is to add my plugin into the source tree.

Just curious – there appears to be many errors as reported in the “problems” window:

Syntax error, parameterized types are only available if source level is 5.0 AdminConsole.java WildFire XMPP Server/src/java/org/jivesoftware/admin line 39 February 24, 2006 10:52:11 AM 11528

Is this problem with my environment? It does not appear to affect my ability to build the plugins as I can “clean-plugins” and then recreate them. Eventually I would like to look at other areas of source code and possibly contribute - so resolving these errors is of interest to me even if it does not affect my ability to make plugins.

Thanks again for your help.

Hi Kenneth,

Sounds like your Widlfire project in Eclipse isn’'t set to compile with Java 1.5; to change that, right-click on the the project, go to Properties, select Java Compiler, select Enable project specifc settings and then and change the JDK Compliance level to 5.0.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Thanks again Ryan - That seemd to to the trick. Now it’'s time to get my plugin to work in the proper build enviornment.

You’'re welcome. Good luck with your plugin development.