Problem using wildcard certificate

I have multiple servers set up to use a single LDAP server, each accessing a separate domain. However, I would like to use the same cert for each. Here is an example of what I am trying to do:

Company1: company1.domain.net with user id being user@company1.com

Company2: company2.domain.net with user id being user@company2.com

etc.

I would like to install a wildcard cert for “domain.net” on all openfire servers, instead of having to get a separate cert for each server.

I have all openfire servers connecting and operating successfully with LDAP. I can log in to webclient (candy) or Jitsi using user@company1.com and password. However, if I change the xmpp.domain server property from company1.com to company1.domain.net or just domain.net, I can no longer login to the openfire webbased admin console (but all clients still work). Also, this doesn’t show the client the correct domain (domain.net); it still shows company1.com to the client, even though it is showing the cert for domain.net (cert appears to be installed correctly, as it does show proper cert information).

Key properties:

It seems like I should be able to do what I am trying to do, but can’t figure out what I am doing wrong. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

I still would greatly appreciate any help or advice on this.