Problem with search plugin after 1.3.0 upgrade

Working fine with 1.2.1. After upgrade, Psi client gets disconnected when trying to load search form. Revert to 1.2.1 solves problem for time being.

Running on Linux (Slackware 10) with 1.5.0_07 Sun JVM

Using local MySQL database for user/group config data with user list and authentication against Sun directory server (LDAP)

Entry from error.log…

2007.03.13 08:41:02 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:341) Could not route packet

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException

at java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableCollection.removeAll(Collections.java:1031)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.plugin.SearchPlugin.getFilteredSearchFields(SearchPlu gin.java:468)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.plugin.SearchPlugin.processGetPacket(SearchPlugin.jav a:249)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.plugin.SearchPlugin.handleIQ(SearchPlugin.java:193)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.plugin.SearchPlugin.processPacket(SearchPlugin.java:1 48)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.component.InternalComponentManager$RoutableComponent. process(InternalComponentManager.java:490)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:250)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:104)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:67)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.StanzaHandler.processIQ(StanzaHandler.java:283)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.ClientStanzaHandler.processIQ(ClientStanzaHandler .java:79)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:248)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:147)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:131)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived (AbstractIoFilterChain.java:703)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:362)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:54)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flush(SimplePr otocolDecoderOutput.java:62)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:192)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:362)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:54)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :250)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:305)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 650)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

I can confirm that!

PSI 11b5 on OSX

• current Wildfire on Fedora

I was having this exact same problem yesterday after installing the 1.3.0 search plugin. I wrote directly to Ryan Graham, author of the plugin, and by this morning he had solved the problem. There is a version 1.3.1 that he created that works perfectly and he was going to get the source code over the people at ignite so they could post the change.

I don’‘t know if it’'s OK for me to send you the search.jar file he sent me that is version 1.3.1, but if that is OK, I will.

Hi Guys,

There is an issue with using version 1.3.0 of the search plugin when using LDAP. I’‘ve checked in a fix and have asked that the updated version of the plugin (1.3.1) be made available for download. In the mean time I’'ve attached version 1.3.1 to this message.

I apologize for the trouble.

Thanks,

Ryan

Thanks, Ryan, for the quick fix. 1.3.1 works fine here.

• Nick