Problem with spark on the phone call (computer to computer)

Hello.

I have one problem. I use Spark 2.5.8 and OpenFire 3.5.0.

The problem is:

The server is on MAC OS 10.5.2, when I want to call another client, computer to computer (mac to mac), both clients crash.

The server is on MAC OS 10.5.2, but one client is on the MAC, another is on the WINDOWS, and when I call the first time (mac to windows or windows to mac), I get connect for the phone call, but after few seconds the client from mac crash, but on the windows isn’t crash, it still work. After relaunch, on mac, and when I try again to call from mac to windows, I get this: on the Mac client “Session closed due to Closed Remotely” and on the Windows client “Voice chat ended: No Media Received. This may be caused by firewall configuration problems”(on the windows machine I switch off the firewall). And on the contrary.

Another situation, the server is on Windows, when client call another client (windows to windows) in the first time I can talk, but if I want to call again clients get this: for client who call “Session closed due to Closed Remotely”, and client who receive call “Voice chat ended: No Media Received. This may be caused by firewall configuration problems”. But if I relaunch I can talk, but if i want again call, i get the same problem (for client who call “Session closed due to Closed Remotely”, and client who get call “Voice chat ended: No Media Received. This may be caused by firewall configuration problems”). Each time when client launch, first call I can do, but after this i can’t call I get the problem witch above up.

How I can resolve this problem?

Thank’s

Victor

P.S. Sorry for my english.

I have found similar problem on mac 10.5.2. The Spark 2.5.8 always crashes while making or accepting a voice call from windows client.

But on windows machine I can always make voice call to another windows machine.

This may not help you but at least confirms your issues.

Regards,

Thank you for your answer.

Dear Sanjivbhalodia,

Thank you so much for your email earlier.

We tested several times the Openfire 3.5.0 and Smark 2.5.8 protocol and we didn’t reach our goal in term of voice messages communication.

We are conscious that over Mac OSs and windows-lie OSs there are some issues and hopefully the ignite realtime team can work out, at their convenience, the bugs.

However, we tested the same applications over windows XP pro (SP2) and windows Vista where we ran over the OSs both applications:client and server.

We are afraid to say that we didn’t reach your result with the windows-like OSs and we are wondering if you can kindly tell us your environment.

Did you test both applications in the same machine?

If no, may we ask you the release of your OSs used for your test?

If yes, may we ask you the release of your OS used for your test?

Thanks in advance,

Sincerely,

Victor.

Hi there,

I am also experiencing this problem when calling from osx to osx or windows xp to windows xp or windows vista to windows xp etc etc etc andhave been unable to make this work at all

We are using windows xp sp2, osx 10.5.2 and I’m not sure of the sp status of vista - but it’s business edition.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers

S

There are couple of issues fixed for 2.6.0 version and maybe related: SPARK-909 and SPARK-901

2.6.0 is not released, maybe there will be a beta in June. Till then you can test it by building Spark from the source code.

Both the machines used windows XP SP2 and Spark 2.5.8.