Problem with VPN

Hi all,

I have a VPN situation, I installed the Jive in 192.168.0.15, and clients in 192.168.0.X and 192.168.1.X.

The problem is that the clients installed in 192.168.0.X works OK but the clients installed in 192.168.1.X totally out of control.

The client in 192.168.1.X can login to the server, and add users event the user does not exist. and client can’'t see other client online.

(the client i use is Neos

Please help.

Thanks

Ken

Hey Ken,

From the problem description I understand that all users, no matter their IP address, are able to login. So this seems to be a problem with the users’’ JID. Remember that the user’‘s JID is not related to the IP address where the user is logging in from. All users of the same server will share the same domain. That means that if your server’'s name is 192.168.0.15 then all users will be of the form @192.168.0.15.

In order to see a user online the user has to approve the presence subscription request first. And in order to get the presence subscription request you have to provide the correct user’'s JID. Make sure you are using the correct JID and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

– Gato

i have fixed it. thank you very much